SEC Hoops Jobs Ranked by Coaches

Vanderbilt is 5-2 in their last 7 against Tennessee, anyone like to argue Vandy Football is a better job than Tennessee Football?
Head to head is only one small component that I would use. I think Tennessee has a better arena, a better locker room and training facilities, a better game environment, better fan support and just as much of a budget for basketball as Florida does. There is no reason for a Tennessee fan to concede this argument.

Head to head is only one small component that I would use. I think Tennessee has a better arena, a better locker room and training facilities, a better game environment, better fan support and just as much of a budget for basketball as Florida does. There is no reason for a Tennessee fan to concede this argument.
I haven’t looked into it, but I know Florida just renovated their arena, did they do their other b-ball facilities at the same time? I would venture to guess that at the very least their arena is now probably nicer than TBA with the updates.

Actually we have a coach that made the argument for us.

Mike White turned down the Tennessee job.

Mike White took the Florida job.

There’s your argument.

There’s your argument.
Now, that's a dumb argument. Mike White did not turn down the Tennessee job in favor of the Florida job... Tennessee and Mike White reached an impasse over his contract... an off-season apart from his acceptance of the Florida job.

I haven’t looked into it, but I know Florida just renovated their arena, did they do their other b-ball facilities at the same time? I would venture to guess that at the very least their arena is now probably nicer than TBA with the updates.
I would venture to guess that not everyone would agree with you... That is a very old, small and not very nice looking arena. Their seats are practically on the sidelines.

Now, that's a dumb argument. Mike White did not turn down the Tennessee job in favor of the Florida job... Tennessee and Mike White reached an impasse over his contract... an off-season apart from his acceptance of the Florida job.

Mike White said no to Tennessee. He said yes to Florida. A year later or not.

He couldn’t pass up the Florida job. He could pass up the Tennessee job. Now if Tennessee is a better job than Florida, even with a contract impasse, wouldn’t he still take the Tennessee job? Wouldn’t he pass over Florida hoping to get an even better job, knowing Tennessee is better than Florida?

He couldn’t pass up the Florida job. He could pass up the Tennessee job. Now if Tennessee is a better job than Florida, even with a contract impasse, wouldn’t he still take the Tennessee job? Wouldn’t he pass over Florida hoping to get an even better job, knowing Tennessee is better than Florida?
You are just arguing for the sheer hell of it now... the deal with Mike White proves nothing. He wasn't making a choice between the two. He obviously didn't know the Florida job was coming open in a year. Nobody did. Billy Donovan had given no indication that he would ever be leaving after turning down the Magic in 2007.

What’s the better job now? Florida. That’s the answer to the question. That might change in 10 years. I don’t know. But it’s pretty clear to me the Florida job is better. I could listen to an argument they’re equal footing, but I would disagree.

And using head to head to compare jobs is dumb.
You’ve yet to present one reason why you believe that, though. So, just saying it is so and expecting everyone to conform to that opinion (and it is an opinion) is just as dumb as you seem to believe comparing H2H records is.

What edge does Florida have outside of mildly recent history (13 years ago)?

Current coaching? No
Extreme recent success? No
AD commitment to basketball? No
Financial backing? No
Facilities? No
Fan support? No

So, what is it that you’re hanging your hat on to say Florida is undoubtably a better job right now?

Reactions: BowlBrother85

There’s your argument.
Not sure it’s that cut and dry...white turned us down because Hart wouldn’t give him the extra year he wanted, otherwise he’s likely still the coach here.

I would venture to guess that not everyone would agree with you... That is a very old, small and not very nice looking arena. Their seats are practically on the sidelines.
They completely redid it this past year, I would assume your opinion is based off prior to those renovations, no?

Is VCU a better job than all those Shaka passed up?

Is Wichita Stateva better job than all the jobs Marshall has passed up?

They completely redid it this past year, I would assume your opinion is based off prior to those renovations, no?
Yes... and I will withhold further judgement until I see what you are talking about... However, they would have to have made a lot of changes to come close to TBA.

You’ve yet to present one reason why you believe that, though. So, just saying it is so and expecting everyone to conform to that opinion (and it is an opinion) is just as dumb as you seem to believe comparing H2H records is.

What edge does Florida have outside of mildly recent history (13 years ago)?

Current coaching? No
Extreme recent success? No
AD commitment to basketball? No
Financial backing? No
Facilities? No
Fan support? No

So, what is it that you’re hanging your hat on to say Florida is undoubtably a better job right now?

Championship pedigree
More tourney success this decade
A more stable Athletic Department
Arena that was just recently renovated
Better recruiting area
Better NBA profile for draftees

Is VCU a better job than all those Shaka passed up?

Is Wichita Stateva better job than all the jobs Marshall has passed up?

They didn’t feel like leaving their current jobs.

Considering White left La Tech a year later, I’d venture to say he was ready to move. Whether contract issue or not, Tennessee wasn’t worth leaving La Tech no matter what. For Florida it was.

Tennessee is such an incredible job that the head coach had one foot out the door in April guys lol

Championship pedigree
More tourney success this decade
A more stable Athletic Department
Arena that was just recently renovated
Better recruiting area
Better NBA profile for draftees
Some of that is fair, I will give you a better NBA profile and they do have a lot of talent in their backyard but a recruiting base is not as important in basketball as it is in football for sheer numbers. Also, there just isn't as much in-state pressure to stay at home on high school basketball players as there is in football. Finally, middle Tennessee produces quality talent... no doubt about it. And I will believe that the O'Connell Center (or Exactech Arena) is as nice as TBA when I see it.... I am calling BS on that one.

Why is a volnation staff member such a weak troll? Tennessee basketball > Florida basketball right now and for the foreseeable future. Get a new job loser.

Why is a volnation staff member such a weak troll? Tennessee basketball > Florida basketball right now and for the foreseeable future. Get a new job loser.
That is kinda where I'm at... He sure is passionate that Florida basketball is better than Tennessee. Almost like he has skin in the game or something. And he is a mod on a Tennessee fan forum? That's odd.

Reactions: JbVols865
Lmao or maybe I’m not just a blind homer
no you’re just a weak troll. What has Florida done this decade again? Change your name and sign up for one of their sites dude. No need to argue with real vols fans because you love the gators so much. Gtfo

Can we get information for this century at least?

Florida's "history" is apparently the 22 post season games when they were in FFs. Half of the 20 wins or more were versus unranked teams more deserving of the NIT. So we're really talking about going around 10-2 spread over 4 seasons versus decent competition.

Go Gaytas!

no you’re just a weak troll. What has Florida done this decade again? Change your name and sign up for one of their sites dude. No need to argue with real vols fans because you love the gators so much. Gtfo

They’ve made a Final Four? Why are you angry?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back