SEC Football Poll

You consider the SEC to be

• The weakest it's been in years

• The strongest it's been in years

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lane Train 4

Top to bottom how strong is the SEC this year? Use the eye test and look at OOC head to head records to come to your own fair, unbiased opinion.

We need at least one more option. Because neither of those provided is true, from my perspective.
Agreed. Neither strongest or weakest as a division. The upper 5 or 6 are stronger against the other 115 than they've been in years (maybe, ever).

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Agreed. Neither strongest or weakest as a division. The upper 5 or 6 are stronger against the other 115 than they've been in years (maybe, ever).
Don't forget that Tennessee is widely considered #6 in the league this year. SEC 1st 5 can beat anyone in the country, the rest of the league, while all tough outs, are really no better than any other leagues bottom half teams.

Reactions: McDad
Don't forget that Tennessee is widely considered #6 in the league this year. SEC 1st 5 can beat anyone in the country, the rest of the league, while all tough outs, are really no better than any other leagues bottom half teams.
A non biased person may point out that the 6th best team in the SEC lost to Georgia State and BYU and the only teams they beat barely had a pulse.

That's a fair point. I wasn't thinking UT was considered 6th in the SEC when I posted... but it is.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
We’ll see this bowl season!

Exactly
LSU and Bama (With Tua) were the best teams in the country most of the year imo.
Clemson is awake and rolling now and will have something to say about that.
UGA is a top 5 team but 3rd in the SEC.
4th team is maybe Auburn? They beat the eventual Pac -12 Champion and a very good but hurt Bama team.
4B is Florida...who beat Auburn.
Then you have
Tennessee
Kentucky
Texas A&M who each at times looked like strong teams.
Louisville finished 2nd in their division behind Clemson and got waxed by 7-5 Kentucky. They are probably the 8th best team in the SEC.

Hint: In 2016 the SEC had 12 bowl eligible teams this year the SEC has 9 bowl eligible teams!

That's not really an apples to apples comparison as based on wins and losses there's 10 this year and 11 in 2016, Mizzou had 6 wins this year and didn't go to a bowl and State had 5 wins and did in 2016

Reactions: hmhawk

Who are you considering the top 5?

C. Same as it’s always been. Just shuffled the standings.

Fortunately we moved up a bit.

A non biased person may point out that the 6th best team in the SEC lost to Georgia State and BYU and the only teams they beat barely had a pulse.
And I would say losing to GaSt and BYU is why were 6th and not higher. A couple of the ones above us beat the same teams that barley had a pulse that we beat plus a couple more. I mean, Florida and Alabama's wins aren't much better than ours, outside of the 2 debacles.

SEC is too top heavy. No 8 win teams and only one 9 win team. Need more depth. Next year I see us at at least 8 wins, hopefully more.

Probably weaker than last two years, but I’m OK with that because it brought us a couple more W’s. I’ve seen some other sites from rival posts saying the Big 6 is back...but in reality, it’s the Big 5 right now.

Reactions: Lane Train 4
Top 5 can beat anyone in NCAA.

Next 3 are good teams: aTm, UT, KY.

Then the turds emerge: Ole Miss/MissSt/Mizzou/SCAR/Vandy/Arky!

VN Store

Back