SEC Embarrassment

Hold My Beer Please

"It is literally like losing to Georgia State in football." Figuratively, maybe, but not literally - surely you jest.

"Tennessee Men's Basketball is our most embarrassing athletic program." There are (14) Sports listed under the UTK index. Consider doing some digging before you make these comments. They may not have qualified for FF or E8 but they're definitely not embarrassing.

Nearly every one of those sports either has a Championship or has had a team that has somewhat competed for a championship. Same with the Women's sports. I know that Baseball, Softball, Women's Basketball, and Football have all had teams that advanced or won in the post season.

It's literally just the nature of the NCAA tournament. You cannot determine conference strength based on a one-game crapshoot. If that was the case, the Metro Atlantic Athletic conference is one of the best conferences in America thanks to St. Peters.

A lot of our fans tried to crap on the Big 10 after the first two days

Reactions: onthehill71
Tennessee lost to the 8th place, 14 loss B1G team.

It is literally like losing to Georgia State in football.

Our great shooter Vescovi (who is trying for NBA lol) could not hit anything and they had 8 points in 8 minutes because they apparently never learned how to shoot a basketball or drive for a bucket. We need a more creative offense to get open looks and drives to the basket for layouts (backdoors).

Tennessee Men's Basketball is our most embarrassing athletic program. They have never made a Final Four and have only one elite 8. Find me a single Tennessee sport in which we have been more incompetent.

It's literally nothing like that.

Reactions: HalfullVol

Our great shooter Vescovi (who is trying for NBA lol) could not hit anything and they had 8 points in 8 minutes because they apparently never learned how to shoot a basketball or drive for a bucket. We need a more creative offense to get open looks and drives to the basket for layouts (backdoors).

Tennessee Men's Basketball is our most embarrassing athletic program. They have never made a Final Four and have only one elite 8. Find me a single Tennessee sport in which we have been more incompetent.
Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahahahhaa. If only the staff would’ve thought to tell our guys to backdoor cut! We’d still be playing if we knew how to backdoor!!!!

I mean we lost so that on us. However the NCAA committee screwed everyone in that part of the bracket including Colorado state. With Michigans record. Fine if you want to place them in the tournament but they should have has to play in the First Four. The way Michigan was seeded they were rated higher by the committee shafting the other 2 11s in the first 4 and technically should have been a 12 seed.

How did you get from 8th place B1G to Georgia State? You do realize that there’s an actual 8th place B1G team in football as well and that it was Penn State last year?

vols are out. I don’t care
Pretty much me. I will say we should have had 7 teams in there which increases our chances. We also might have gone further with a different seed. Who knows? Regardless, I was asking people to stop talking smack both to KY and anyone else until we at least got to the Sweet 16. Now all of us look silly. Lots of youth on some of these teams though. If everyone but Full returns next year, we should be really good.

Even though its supposedly any given team on any given day, it's funny how often it's a blue blood. 3 this year and the reigning coach of the decade in the FF. At least those three BBs deliver nearly the maximum possible hurt to Kentucky barring us actually winning a championship.

Even though its supposedly any given team on any given day, it's funny how often it's a blue blood. 3 this year and the reigning coach of the decade in the FF. At least those three BBs deliver nearly the maximum possible hurt to Kentucky barring us actually winning a championship.
Villanova could be considered a BB too at this point

Reactions: turbovol
It's literally just the nature of the NCAA tournament. You cannot determine conference strength based on a one-game crapshoot. If that was the case, the Metro Atlantic Athletic conference is one of the best conferences in America thanks to St. Peters.

Yep, this Conference thing was created by ESPN to generate $$$$ after your team goes out but now you get to cheer for your conference. IMO a silly idea but it worked money-wise in this drive-by world. This is like any other tournament its matchups and timing when you are playing your best ball for 4 or 6 games per tournament format. It gives the media/bloggers an agenda to ram down people's throats. Also, the Conference vs Conference thing is crazy mid-year. Their just games nothing more than another moneymaker marketed toward my dogs bigger than your dog fan.

Last edited:
Basketball and baseball are more evenly matched in college regardless of conference, and in some cases Division. There are some NAIA baseball teams I'd like to see play some big boys just for the fun of the possible outcome. Just the nature of the 2 sports with smaller rosters and such allow some schools to field teams that can compete above their conference.

Basketball and baseball are more evenly matched in college regardless of conference, and in some cases Division. There are some NAIA baseball teams I'd like to see play some big boys just for the fun of the possible outcome. Just the nature of the 2 sports with smaller rosters and such allow some schools to field teams that can compete above their conference.

Basketball's tourney is also about as much of a crapshoot as you get get. Single elimination is brutal. Even college baseball has double elmination in the regionals, 2 out of 3 in the supers, and double elmination in the CWS with the finals being 2 out of 3.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Basketball's tourney is also about as much of a crapshoot as you get get. Single elimination is brutal. Even college baseball has double elmination in the regionals, 2 out of 3 in the supers, and double elmination in the CWS with the finals being 2 out of 3.

That is true. A team can dance with Cinderella in Round 1 and put back in their place in round 2 and totally screw everyone up. But, I love it. It's the only part of BBall season I check out, other than catching an occasional Vol game.

There is no way you are willfully this dumb. Show me on this doll where Tennessee basketball hurt you.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back