SEC coaches buyouts....

If you think about it in todays day and age big buyouts are almost the only job security coaches have. ithink if i were a coach i'd trade discount on annual salary for a big buyout. Big buyouts stop schools from pulling the plug too fast before a coach has time to get his program installed. Fans these days are insane expecting instant turnarounds on dumpster fire situations.

Chad Morris is probably more crazy. He hasn't proved he is worth 12 million. Although, Pruitt hasn't earned his buyout yet either. Muschamp's is way high imo too!!!

At least Chad Morris was a head coach before. I agree it’s too much but guaranteeing Pruitt $12mil is crazy. But Tennessee administration has f*cked the program up so bad that’s what Fulmer had to do I guess.

At least Chad Morris was a head coach before. I agree it’s too much but guaranteeing Pruitt $12mil is crazy. But Tennessee administration has f*cked the program up so bad that’s what Fulmer had to do I guess.

Buyouts are usually the cost of their entire contract so if you make 3 million for 4 years it is 12 million. That is the price of getting a coach, no coach is going to go anywhere if they are on a short deal that can be pulled away for pennies on the dollar.

The demand to win quickly is driving up the price of coaches, even inexperienced coaches!

Reactions: livefaith

VN Store

Back