SEC COACH/YEAR?

Who said that???

not u bud i was just saying because people said that’s why she got the nod as COY and it was gonna go to a black female regardless or records lol

it’s ironic because they beat good teams to get to the ship

I think she is a very good coach....

We all have differing opinions. I’ve never been impressed and I’m still not. She’s had these same players together for several years and couldn’t get anything done. Their success this season is due to a veteran team. My bet is they get crushed today and then lose in the second round of the NCAA tournament. They benefitted heavily from the loose officiating on the perimeter in the SEC this season. They won’t get the same deal in the tournament. Morrison will have 3 fouls in the first half.

Kellie did wayyyy more with wayyyy less this season and got little to no credit for it. Have hardly heard any compliments from the media for the job she’s done. We finished 3rd in the SEC after being projected 6th. Lost 2 key players to transfer and another two other to injury, one in the toughest stretch of our season. And we STILL outperformed our projections.

Edit: not to mention two COVID pauses. And multiple cancelled/re-scheduled games.

Last edited:
Taylor did a good job with what she has but Gary Blair should have won.

With what she has!? She had 4 seniors who have all started for significant portions of their careers barring injury.

Kellie did a good job with what she had.

Joni coasted with her gnats playing slap and grab defense and Staiti holding down the paint.

Ready to absolutely spank them next season. Was hoping we would get one more chance this year.

With what she has!? She had 4 seniors who have all started for significant portions of their careers barring injury.

Joni coasted with her gnats playing slap and grab defense and Staiti holding down the paint.

Ready to absolutely spank them next season. Was hoping we would get one more chance this year.

we better hope our team keeps improving and we bring in a scoring threat or two. I wouldn’t be against Unique thompson to be a good 4 and a player like rickea jackson

Reactions: VolBall09
I could care less the color of the coach. If a white coach WON, I can’t imagine entertaining the idea that their race was worth noting.

TALK TO THE POSTERS on here who said it not me ! It’s been a topic since her race and sex was used as the reason she won.

So what you careless about is the topic that was brought up by other posters!

You still didn’t leave a like but you keep stop by? Not very nice of you ... Now get back to shearing sheep😉

Reactions: 007Racer
TALK TO THE POSTERS on here who said it not me ! It’s been a topic since her race and sex was used as the reason she won.

So what you careless about is the topic that was brought up by other posters!

You still didn’t leave a like but you keep stop by? Not very nice of you ... Now get back to shearing sheep😉
Good point.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
we better hope our team keeps improving and we bring in a scoring threat or two. I wouldn’t be against Unique thompson to be a good 4 and a player like rickea jackson

Unique is done playing, no? She did senior day at Auburn. Is she planning to do a grad transfer or something? Lord if she came to Knoxville....

She’s the physical 4 we need haha.

I think Rickea will be transferring who knows where yet. Would love to see her in Knoxville but probably a long shot.

Unique is done playing, no? She did senior day at Auburn. Is she planning to do a grad transfer or something? Lord if she came to Knoxville....

She’s the physical 4 we need haha.

I think Rickea will be transferring who knows where yet. Would love to see her in Knoxville but probably a long shot.

Oh i don’t know if she is done playing she said she was done playing at Auburn... She can come back for that extra year. I could see her going to a program and improving draft stock and overseas stock

Oh i don’t know if she is done playing she said she was done playing at Auburn... She can come back for that extra year. I could see her going to a program and improving draft stock and overseas stock

Wouldn’t be a bad plan for her if she wants to play more basketball. Needs to improve her range a little bit.

Wouldn’t be a bad plan for her if she wants to play more basketball. Needs to improve her range a little bit.

I think in the last game they said how she worked on stepping out but Auburn needed her under the basket... at 6’2” she could be a beast at the 4 if she can step out...

I am saying Blair should have won hands down. I only mention Taylor because she did win and she has done a good job. I am abso6happy with our coach, Kellie has done a wonderful job this season and if she had split the series with the pups I would have said she deserved runner up to Blair. JMO

All the fans here who lost their minds when Joni Taylor won...

200.gif

Reactions: 007Racer
I don’t think the issue ever was that you couldn’t make an argument that Blair should have won. Or Kellie for that matter. The point of contention was that a case could also be made for the Georgia coach but when she did win her legitimate accomplishment was denigrated by some who said she won because her race. That is where the line was crossed.

Reactions: 007Racer and dapeak
Next season we need a physical four that can score and much much better point guard play. Where that comes from doesn't matter freshman or transfer. I agree is usually doesn't come from a freshman. Where could we have went this season if we'd had a 20 ppg efficient reliable scorer at the four and a point guard that could knock down the perimeter and three point shot at a high percentage. Easy to see that we were as great as any team at three positions improvement and Championships will come when we have that at all five.

I think Joni is super impressive in all interviews and may be an elite coach if she keeps UGA top 4 mostly every season in the SEC. If she were a white man, white woman, black male, or as she is a black woman, or any other enithicity she didn't deserve COY. And to be honest was quite surprised UGA beat Texas AM, and UT twice so all the credit to her and her staff. Gary Blair still should have won coach of the year for a season with the top conference with 1 loss. Doesn't mean other coaches didn't deserve credit. It's not going to be a hill of beans 10 years from now and I wish fans of the women's game wouldn't have such heated conversations over this one vote. Dawn as much as I don't like her team dominating the SEC tourney the last 6 or 7 years, deserves so much credit as well. I would hope any one of whatever race would get the same credit. Yo, Joni, Kellie, Dawn, Gary, Neighbors, Robyn, Curry are really good coaches IMO. 8 out of 14 in the SEC are above average coaches. Possibly Elzy as well but hard to judge on 1 season. The rest IMO need changes, even though I love Vargas as a VFL.

VN Store

Back