SEC Championship: Bama v. Gators 7CT CBS

This year. Was Trask a senior? You caught lightning in a bottle with Trask similar to Burrows and LSU last year.
You stated your offense will be in rebuild mode next year. Alabama will just reload and carry on. I don’t think you’re on their heels but then again no one in the SEC is.

Something many people forget, as good as Trask was/is, he renders about 30% of Mullen’s offense useless because it involves QB runs, run options, play action off run, etc. Emory Jones gives Mullen that, and Emory is a good passer too. Florida also adds Demarkcus Bowman next year, the first truly big time 5-star RB they’ve had in years. So I think UF’s offense will be very very good again next year, but it’ll look a lot different than it did with Trask. Mullen has also been very good at reloading at WR. He’ll have dudes at WR next year too.

They have to get the defense straightened out. That’s the offseason concern.

Something many people forget, as good as Trask was/is, he renders about 30% of Mullen’s offense useless because it involves QB runs, run options, play action off run, etc. Emory Jones gives Mullen that, and Emory is a good passer too. Florida also adds Demarkcus Bowman next year, the first truly big time 5-star RB they’ve had in years. So I think UF’s offense will be very very good again next year, but it’ll look a lot different than it did with Trask. Mullen has also been very good at reloading at WR. He’ll have dudes at WR next year too.

A lot of “maybes” or “ifs” there in your post. There was a lot of the same for UT football in 2020. None of it panned out.

Is Bowman going to be eligible next year?

Reactions: Jaws
You may not admit it but your post was all maybes and if’s. Better not guarantee anything, it usually turns out badly for the person making the guarantee.

Not guaranteeing anything, but nothing in Mullen’s tenure at UF and nothing in Mullen’s history points to a major fall-off in his ability to coach competent offensive football. He develops QB’s of all types and styles and he is great at utilizing what he has. The big question for Mullen and Florida is can they become elite again on defense, and how will they do it? Better players, different coaches, etc.? Those decisions have to be made.

Last edited:
Reactions: Credo
Not guaranteeing anything, but nothing in Mullen’s tenure at UF and nothing in Mullen’s history points to a major fall-off in his ability to coach competent offensive. He develops QB’s of all types and styles and he is great at utilizing what he has. The big question for Mullen and Florida is can they become elite again on defense, and how will they do it? Better players, different coaches, etc.? Those decisions have to be made.
Just pulling your leg, I don’t give a s**t about Gators.

Reactions: QU1ZE

VN Store

Back