SEC announces that SEC Media Days will be held in Nashville in 2021

TrueOrange

SEC Media Days to be held in Nashville in 2021

HOOVER, Alabama — SEC Football Media Days will come to Nashville in 2021, Commissioner Greg Sankey announced here Monday.

It will be held at the Grand Hyatt, set to open in fall 2020 at 1000 Broadway.

SEC Media Days will be held in Atlanta in 2020. The event has taken place in the Birmingham area every year since its inception in 1985, except when it went to Atlanta last year. This week’s SEC Media Days is at Birmingham’s Wynfrey Hotel for the 18th time in the past 19 years.

Sankey had previously said the conference was considering Nashville, Dallas and Atlanta for future SEC Media Days.

Nashville hosted SEC Basketball Media Days in 2016. And it will host the SEC men’s basketball tournament every year through 2035, except 2022. The women’s tournament will be in Nashville in 2022 while the men’s tournament will be in Tampa.

It's about time the best conference in college football moved its Media Days to a town with more than one post office.

Last edited:
How many of these have you been to? When they were in Atlanta last year my 4KTV looked pretty much the same.

It’s not about me buddy.

I promise you the guys and gals covering SEC Media Days are happy they aren’t forced to choose between the three restaurants in Hoover for breakfast and dinner...two if you eliminate McDonalds.

SEC Media Days should be in a bigger market than Hoover, Alabama.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
It’s not about me buddy.

I promise you the guys and gals covering SEC Media Days are happy they aren’t forced to choose between the three restaurants in Hoover for breakfast and dinner...two if you eliminate McDonalds.

SEC Media Days should be in a bigger market than Hoover, Alabama.

Just to know that you're that sensitive to the plight of overweight media folks everywhere is impressive.

And actually, it does sound like it's all about you.

Just to know that you're that sensitive to the plight of overweight media folks everywhere is impressive.

And actually, it does sound like it's all about you.

Actually, it sounds like you have a soft spot for Hoover.

So, perhaps, it’s likely more about how my opinion of Hoover affects you.

Last edited:
I really do, I do, I do, I really, really do.

Good to know, taking all my will power not to make a move on one for Prime Day haha. But on topic, Nashville, Atlanta and New Orleans should be good sites for SEC Media days. They were even talking about making it a prime time night event possibly. That would be kind of crazy, but another way the SEC is ahead of the times and creates more eyeballs.

Good to know, taking all my will power not to make a move on one for Prime Day haha. But on topic, Nashville, Atlanta and New Orleans should be good sites for SEC Media days. They were even talking about making it a prime time night event possibly. That would be kind of crazy, but another way the SEC is ahead of the times and creates more eyeballs.

Dallas...St. Louis...Orlando...Atlanta...so many possibilities.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back