SEC: 0-4 So Far in Bowl Season

How many other conferences could have 10 teams win a Nc at their best?
None? I’m not arguing that the SEC isn’t the best conference or doesn’t have the most potential. I was simply responding to someone who said that no other conference has more than two teams who can win championships when they’re at the top of their game. I actually forgot about the ACC. Because Clemson, Miami, and FSU can all win titles when they’re at their peak.

Reactions: BUBear
None? I’m not arguing that the SEC isn’t the best conference or doesn’t have the most potential. I was simply responding to someone who said that no other conference has more than two teams who can win championships when they’re at the top of their game. I actually forgot about the ACC. Because Clemson, Miami, and FSU can all win titles when they’re at their peak.
If you simply acknowledge that schools exist outside of the SEC that are capable of playing football, that's enough to get you labeled a hater on this site.

Rather than answer with smart aleck crap, give us Baylor's list and we'll compare. If you don't do that then shut the F up

Awwwwww. Aren’t you just precious. I really don’t care about Baylor’s OOC schedule. Maybe some of you DAFs should worry about TN winning theirs. AF? Fresno State? Maybe GA Southern comes to mind. Start winning and maybe, just maybe i will stfu. Until then, nope.

At its peak the SEC has Bama, Auburn, LSU, UF, UGA, and UT. A&M should probably be on that list too but since they haven’t really sniffed the playoff or SEC Championship and rarely won the Big 8/12 we will leave them off for now.

Edit: Well, you’re stretching a little with Oregon and Washington so I guess A&M should make it. Oregon played for it once and Washington did split one back in 1991 but they’re not capable of doing it now. The same is true of Miami. I don’t see them ever winning it again. Times have changed down there.

Awwwwww. Aren’t you just precious. I really don’t care about Baylor’s OOC schedule. Maybe some of you DAFs should worry about TN winning theirs. AF? Fresno State? Maybe GA Southern comes to mind. Start winning and maybe, just maybe i will stfu. Until then, nope.

Why would Georgia Southern come to mind? You referring to a soccer matchup or something? We've never played the Golden Eagles in football. The more bilge you post the more worthless you come across. Go accept your defeat, lick your wounds and come back after you've gained a few IQ points

Reactions: Rickyvol77
As BU Bear said, Bama, GA, LSU....they’re great. The rest isn’t. Take a poll. Ask the TN faithful how many really give a rats ass about the SEC. 🤣
The SEC might be a bit down overall this year and I’ll grant you that. However it is acknowledged by every football expert in the country that The SEC is the best conference year in and year out and nobody with any real knowledge debates it. I believe I’ll believe expert opinion before I’ll take yours. Trolls like you just argue to hear themselves talk.

At its peak the SEC has Bama, Auburn, LSU, UF, UGA, and UT. A&M should probably be on that list too but since they haven’t really sniffed the playoff or SEC Championship and rarely won the Big 8/12 we will leave them off for now.

Edit: Well, you’re stretching a little with Oregon and Washington so I guess A&M should make it. Oregon played for it once and Washington did split one back in 1991 but they’re not capable of doing it now. The same is true of Miami. I don’t see them ever winning it again. Times have changed down there.
Why aren’t Oregon and Washington capable of doing it now? They’re both top 20 jobs and with the right coach can compete at the highest level. Oregon has played for the National title twice in the past 12 seasons. There’s no reason they can’t do that I the future. Miami sits on arguably the most fertile recruiting ground in the country. They’ve just hired sh*tty coaches the past two decades. Keep the majority of South Fla talent home and you’re going to be competing for titles.

Why aren’t Oregon and Washington capable of doing it now? They’re both top 20 jobs and with the right coach can compete at the highest level. Oregon has played for the National title twice in the past 12 seasons. There’s no reason they can’t do that I the future. Miami sits on arguably the most fertile recruiting ground in the country. They’ve just hired sh*tty coaches the past two decades. Keep the majority of South Fla talent home and you’re going to be competing for titles.
Sorry, I should’ve been more clear. I do think Oregon is capable, especially with NIL coming into play. I don’t think Washington is now. There is talent for sure (edit: in the Miami area) but they just don’t have the commitment to winning there.

Last edited:
Sorry, I should’ve been more clear. I do think Oregon is capable, especially with NIL coming into play. I don’t think Washington is now. There is talent for sure but they just don’t have the commitment to winning there.
Chris Petersen got them to the four-team College Football Playoffs in 2016, the UW's only CFP appearance to date, and to New Years Six bowl games in three straight seasons: 2016 (Peach Bowl), 2017 (Fiesta Bowl) and 2018 (Rose Bowl).

Chris Petersen got them to the four-team College Football Playoffs in 2016, the UW's only CFP appearance to date, and to New Years Six bowl games in three straight seasons: 2016 (Peach Bowl), 2017 (Fiesta Bowl) and 2018 (Rose Bowl).
I’ve got to stop jumping around. That’s my bad. Multitasking. Miami doesn’t have the commitment to winning so I don’t see them ever winning the NC again. Washington is a decent program and yes they’ve made the playoffs but they also didn’t stand a chance once they got there. They won’t win it. Oregon has a much better chance than UW.

I’ve got to stop jumping around. That’s my bad. Multitasking. Miami doesn’t have the commitment to winning so I don’t see them ever winning the NC again. Washington is a decent program and yes they’ve made the playoffs but they also didn’t stand a chance once they got there. They won’t win it. Oregon has a much better chance than UW.
Miami is paying Cristobal $8 million a year and giving him one of the top assistant salary pools in the country. That seems like commitment to me.

I disagree with the part about no other conference having more than two teams that can win a title if they were at their best. Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State could all win a title at their best. Same with USC, Oregon, and Washington in the P12.
In not including shared titles
Penn states last one was 1986
Michigan's was 1948
Washington doesn't have an outright title
Oregon has neither an outright or shared

So the Pac in reality has 1 team and big has 2. Not saying they couldn't but if they couldn't before bcs by getting voted a title I don't see it happening now with having to beat 2 top 4 teams back to back. Ohio st is Bama of the big just not quite on the same level. Those teams have the resources for sure but until they do it......

So, the Big 12 ended up with the best bowl winning percentage out of P5 conferences (not including title game, which won't change things). @BUBear

Mountain West: 5-1 (.833)
American: 3-1 (.750)
Sun Belt: 3-1 (.750)
Big 12: 5-2 (.714)
Big Ten: 6-4 (.600)
Independents: 2-2 (.500)
SEC: 5-7 (.417)
C-USA: 3-5 (.375)
MAC: 3-5 (.375)
ACC: 2-4 (.333)
Pac-12: 0-5 (.000)

Reactions: vol66 and BUBear
So, the Big 12 ended up with the best bowl winning percentage out of P5 conferences (not including title game, which won't change things). @BUBear

Mountain West: 5-1 (.833)
American: 3-1 (.750)
Sun Belt: 3-1 (.750)
Big 12: 5-2 (.714)
Big Ten: 6-4 (.600)
Independents: 2-2 (.500)
SEC: 5-7 (.417)
C-USA: 3-5 (.375)
MAC: 3-5 (.375)
ACC: 2-4 (.333)
Pac-12: 0-5 (.000)
First of all a big hats off to the LSU team. Of all of the SEC teams that participated in this bowl season they were the only program with a legit reason to bow out of their bowl game yet they honored their commitment to the players that remained, the university and the SEC. Hats off Tigers (unlike A&M).

5-2 in bowl season, including 3-0 against the SEC. If you want to take into account the newbies, it's 7-4 and 5-1 against the SEC. You and I both know that there are SEC homers on this board, rather than Tennessee homers, that will have their excuses but you and I also know that the SEC is more talented top to bottom than the BIG XII per NFL draft picks and recruiting rankings. Another horrible job by the SEC or another outstanding job by the BIG XII?

Haha! Probably a combination of factors at play, including that the Big 12 is likely better than many will give them credit for. On the other hand, the SEC is probably most hurt by opt outs and general apathy since it has become championship or bust. The other simple conclusion is that the Pac-12 (0-5 in 21/22 and also 0-2 in bowls 20/21) is not good!

VN Store

Back