SEC: 0-4 So Far in Bowl Season

Any team that schedules and FCS team should be automatically excommicato from any playoff consideration

I’m not butthurt. No conference is better and you can’t name one that is

Never said there was, but I’m not going to pretend that all teams in the SEC are the same. Out of the conference, only half really do well. Every conference has the same issue with the have and have nots. You’re either not smart enough or brain wave limited if you believe getting 12 teams in bowls is a great accomplishment. What would be great is for the conference to win all the bowl games.

Reactions: hog88
Outside of the top 3 and maybe 4 programs in the SEC it's a borderline pathetic conference.
What conference goes more than 3-4 teams deep though? I’d take the SEC all day long lined up 1-14, 1-10 or whatever may be against any other conference as long as you start best on best and work down in order from there.

I never claimed any such thing but I did post the conference record against other P5 teams this season, it's not dominate at all.
The SEC is the best conference most years recently. Every now and then another conference (Big 10) might have an argument but most years it’s pretty clear. With that said, it’s not some super wide gap most years either. Any top team from another conference is capable of beating a top SEC team on any given day and once you get outside the top 2 SEC teams it’s possible any SEC team could lose to almost any other P5 team and some G5 teams. A&M, who is Bama’s only loss, almost crapped the bed against freaking Colorado, who finished 4-8. A&M won 10-7 while Minnesota went out to Colorado the following week and whipped them 30-0. UGA struggled badly with Clemson, who couldn’t even make the ACC title game. However, you can’t just look at individual game results when evaluating the conference. Look at NCs, recruiting, NFL draftees, head to head vs other conferences, and more. Stir it all up and it does add up to the SEC being the best but most years the gap isn’t as wide as some may think. When you look at head to head vs other conferences you have to look at the matchups as well. Is it Bama vs Ohio State, Vandy vs Ohio State, or Bama vs Indiana?

I would have liked our chances in a rematch, but it wasn’t in the cards.
You all were the better team when we beat you in Neyland. At the end of the year maybe not. That would’ve been epic though. I’m glad we got FSU over you all and over Ohio State though. Either one of you would’ve been tougher.

1. Bowl games are a bad way to evaluate anything because the teams can change a lot due to injury, motivation, coaching changes, opt outs etc etc.

2. Conference strength is some goofy concept that is hard to prove.

3. If it could be proven, it still wouldn’t matter.

1. Bowl games are a bad way to evaluate anything because the teams can change a lot due to injury, motivation, coaching changes, opt outs etc etc.

But perception is important.

UGA dominating the Big 10’s best team will reinforce the fact that the SEC’s best team, or in this case second best, will always have a seat at the CFP table.

That should be incentive enough for the remaining SEC contenders to step their respective games up.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
But perception is important.

UGA dominating the Big 10’s best team will reinforce the fact that the SEC’s best team, or in this case second best, will always have a seat at the CFP table.

That should be incentive enough for the remaining SEC contenders to step their respective games up.

The advent of the playoffs has concentrated the talent to those perceived as contenders, imo though I’ve not looked at numbers. Tough to break that, especially when those teams justify it each year by qualifying.

Reactions: MAD

Also, most people don't realize that bowl records are better proof of "bowl calibration" than conference strength.

The SEC teams are often pitted against teams that finish higher in another conference. For example:

SEC #13 vs AAC #3
SEC #7 vs ACC #3

So the fact that the 2nd best team in the AAC beats the 9th best team in the SEC doesn't really mean that much. If the SEC's 2nd best team played the AAC's 2nd best team, we would've gotten Georgia vs Houston, instead of Auburn vs Houston. And Ole Miss would've played UCF instead of Florida.

The only "bad" SEC loss IMO was Miss State getting blown out by Texas Tech. But most of the other losses were teams that should've been considered underdogs and then our infamous game that was basically stolen from us by the refs.

SEc dominating today as expected. Told you at the end of the bowl season one conference always is #1

The main reason the SEC is dogshit is Florida and LSU were both supposed to be top 15 teams and both **** the bed. Auburn too was trash. Those are three teams that are usually competitors. Tennessee is still continuing its 20 years of mediocrity. Texas A&M was also a major disappointment.

On a bright note, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Ole Miss had good teams.

I disagree. Plus we were the better team against 2 of the teams you listed as good teams.

VN Store

Back