SEC: 0-4 So Far in Bowl Season

But most of these 13 teams would not have even been bowl eligible if it were not for playing FCS schools and weak non con schedules. Most SEC teams need to upgrade non con schedule.
More BS from you. The typical SEC plays 5-7 ranked teams a year and at least 1 and sometimes 2 decent OOC teams. No other conference consistently has as tough schedules year in and year out

Let’s see it. Prove that if SEC teams played a tougher non con schedule that the records would be different. Then give me the winning lottery numbers while you are at it 😂😂😂😂

I never claimed any such thing but I did post the conference record against other P5 teams this season, it's not dominate at all.

I never claimed any such thing but I did post the conference record against other P5 teams this season, it's not dominate at all.

And? Can’t be dominate every single year. I thought you had the ability to think critically and logically. I guess that only applies to politics.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Because at some point Tennessee could benefit from playing in the nation’s strongest conference, especially with the inevitable CFP expansion.

The SEC is getting two teams in a four-team tournament. Hell we had two teams in the BCS title game 10 years ago. Getting a third or fourth team in a 12/16 team playoff isn’t out of the question.
Of ya’ll hadn’t sh@t the bed against Outzen we would’ve had 2 teams in the inaugural BCS Championship game.

I would have liked our chances in a rematch, but it wasn’t in the cards.
I wanted no part in a rematch, but we were one dimensional during the first matchup. We had lost Jamal Lewis, but there wasn’t any major drop off with Travis Henry. It would’ve been a lot tougher and Spurrier would’ve been extra motivated.

I would have liked our chances in a rematch, but it wasn’t in the cards.
However, as we saw in 1999 after he was gone, Tennesssee was a different team without Peerless Price. He was uncoverable and I will argue to my dying day that he was the best WR I’m college football in 1998.

I wanted no part in a rematch, but we were one dimensional during the first matchup. We had lost Jamal Lewis, but there wasn’t any major drop off with Travis Henry. It would’ve been a lot tougher and Spurrier would’ve been extra motivated.

All good points.

Imagine the BCS backlash if two SEC schools played in the inaugural title game. They would have tweaked the criteria right out of the gate.

Reactions: perico
All good points.

Imagine the BCS backlash if two SEC schools played in the inaugural title game. They would have tweaked the criteria right out of the gate.
Oh yeah. Especially in those days when the Big 10 believed they had a legit claim to be the strongest conference and were contracted to ESPN.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
More BS from you. The typical SEC plays 5-7 ranked teams a year and at least 1 and sometimes 2 decent OOC teams. No other conference consistently has as tough schedules year in and year out
I disagree. The SEC only plays 8 conference games and its out of conference games are usually against extremely weak competion.

Name the conference that’s better. And provide proof please.

I wouldn’t call a current bowl record of 1-5 the best. If this is your standard of best, then you are probably really happy with the past decade of TN football. The best conference should not be 1-5.

The only group having a worse month in December than the CDC is the SEC.

I disagree. The SEC only plays 8 conference games and its out of conference games are usually against extremely weak competion.
Clemson. Pitt. Louisville. Miami, Texas. UCLA etc. seems pretty good teams to me. Who else would you like the SEC to play in OOC that they haven’t the last 2 decades?

Clemson. Pitt. Louisville. Miami, Texas. UCLA etc. seems pretty good teams to me. Who else would you like the SEC to play in OOC that they haven’t the last 2 decades?
Auburn played at Penn State as well. I don’t like playing FCS competition, but no one can say that the SEC doesn’t challenge themselves against other P5 conferences.

VN Store

Back