SEC: 0-4 So Far in Bowl Season

DiderotsGhost

Some of these aren't that surprising. Houston was a top 25 team and the #2 team in the AAC playing the 9th best SEC team. UCF was the 3rd best AAC team playing the 13th best SEC team (and Florida was downright awful in November). Those weren't big surprises.

But Miss State getting blown out by one of the less impressive bowl-eligible P5 teams from a weaker conference is a bit surprising. Also slightly surprised by Army beating Mizzou; seemed like Mizzou was playing better at the end of the season.

If South Carolina loses to North Carolina on Thursday, we have a shot at being the first SEC team to win a bowl game.

Some of these aren't that surprising. Houston was a top 25 team and the #2 team in the AAC playing the 9th best SEC team. UCF was the 3rd best AAC team playing the 13th best SEC team (and Florida was downright awful in November). Those weren't big surprises.

But Miss State getting blown out by one of the less impressive bowl-eligible P5 teams from a weaker conference is a bit surprising. Also slightly surprised by Army beating Mizzou; seemed like Mizzou was playing better at the end of the season.

If South Carolina loses to North Carolina on Thursday, we have a shot at being the first SEC team to win a bowl game.
. I think South Carolina will lose too

MSU had a ton of players out and Mizzou was without Badie who was their whole offense, but still. Worst start to a bowl season I can remember.

Wonder how much opt outs and transfer portal entry has impacted this. Not sure if the SEC has been hit harder on these fronts.

Reactions: DeepSpringsVol
5zdyjt.gif

Not a great start for the SEC in the Bowl games but planning on the rest of them to win.Florida,Mizzou,Auburn and Miss St all losers!Itruly hope that Georiga is another loser!I know this wont be popular among Tennessee fans but I hope Bama wins.

Army was a fluke. Florida has given up. Houston and Auburn were evenly matched teams and MSU has a coach who couldn’t coach his way out of a paper bag. The SEC will win some bowls coming up

Saw on ESPN last night the league is 0-4 right now. Kinda surprised me. Expect that to change but not the start you expect for SEC teams. M. State and AU did not show up well at all, especially State.

VN Store

Back