Season wrap up thoughts

waynechismforthre

Now to start, don’t come at me with hate for this post. I am a die hard fan and always will be but there is no doubt in the games we need to win to reach the tournament we will be almost double digit underdogs and in all honestly look very improbable to win. Not saying I don’t think we can or want to win just not really in the cards with this team this year. Now, what are your opinions on making the NIT? Good and really want us to make it for experience or worry about making it and being taken down by a mid major on our home court for not being mentally prepared/in the game. All the while being non national tv I hope trying to quietly just get to next season to start. Also, basically all I’ve gotten from this season( because I’m having trouble we will even qualify for NIT) is that Fulky is an absolute beast and needs to continue this next year to keep teams on their toes instead of just pressing our extremely back court heavy team next season. Also yves, besides not having a great game today has been by far the most improved in college basketball throughout all levels. Guy is an animal! Other than that? Honestly nothing. JJJ has been playing hurt. And the entire roster besides those three have been rather pathetic, I understand some have had decent to good games but it’s honestly sometimes so hard to watch when others besides fulky it pins have the ball with the exception to the late addition of Vescovi. Just my thoughts guys again please don’t attack. Would love to know your input on what an NIT berth could bring to the table for us.

Reactions: RollerVol
Fulky has been inspiring. Yves has come so far in building his game, and not just being a freak athlete (even though he was that all along). Santiago is going to be fun to watch as long as he’s here. Excited about JJJ as well.

Bowden has been a HUGE disappointment. And that’s putting it nicely.

Fulky has been inspiring. Yves has come so far in building his game, and not just being a freak athlete (even though he was that all along). Santiago is going to be fun to watch as long as he’s here. Excited about JJJ as well.

If you had told me going in that Turner wouldn’t play and Bowden would be as inconsistent as he has I would have expected us to be at the bottom of the league with Vandy. Combine the players that we have coming in with the 4 you listed above and next years team should be fun to watch. I think Gaines can step up as well.

Now to start, don’t come at me with hate for this post. I am a die hard fan and always will be but there is no doubt in the games we need to win to reach the tournament we will be almost double digit underdogs and in all honestly look very improbable to win. Not saying I don’t think we can or want to win just not really in the cards with this team this year. Now, what are your opinions on making the NIT? Good and really want us to make it for experience or worry about making it and being taken down by a mid major on our home court for not being mentally prepared/in the game. All the while being non national tv I hope trying to quietly just get to next season to start. Also, basically all I’ve gotten from this season( because I’m having trouble we will even qualify for NIT) is that Fulky is an absolute beast and needs to continue this next year to keep teams on their toes instead of just pressing our extremely back court heavy team next season. Also yves, besides not having a great game today has been by far the most improved in college basketball throughout all levels. Guy is an animal! Other than that? Honestly nothing. JJJ has been playing hurt. And the entire roster besides those three have been rather pathetic, I understand some have had decent to good games but it’s honestly sometimes so hard to watch when others besides fulky it pins have the ball with the exception to the late addition of Vescovi. Just my thoughts guys again please don’t attack. Would love to know your input on what an NIT berth could bring to the table for us.
Is there a cliff notes version available??

Couldn’t agree more to get this type of a year from a four year guy who has as much experience as him should not happen regardless of the circumstances this team has dealt with.

NIT would be extra practice and game experience. While many, including myself kind of scoff at it, it does give a team a chance to play against some other good teams and sometimes some rather hostile environments.
But besides fulky, JJJ,(who I honestly think should just focus on next year and get healthy at this point) Pons, and Vescovi I don’t think anyone would benefit from it on this team besides maybe Plavsic if he can learn how to grab a rebound. I really think it will take at least a year for any others to contribute anything significantly. So I personally don’t look forward to it if we are eligible at .500 (which it is not a guarantee for this team to reach .500) for me I just don’t think an embarrassing loss in an embarrassing tournament is what this program needs for recruiting in the 2021 cycle or for momentum going into a huge year next year.

I don't care about extra practice from being in the NIT. They get plenty of work year round. I want the 6 freshmen to experience another win or go home scenario like the SECT. If they are going to bomb out of a national tournament, better the NIT this tear than the NCAAT next year.

You throw out being a die hard fan, yet tuck tail before the season is over. You are as much of a fan as uros has a verticle jump.
Literally stated in my post. I think they can win games and I want them to win games. It’s just not probable. Are you seriously going to say to me right now it’s probable we win enough remaining games to make the tournament?????????

Literally stated in my post. I think they can win games and I want them to win games. It’s just not probable. Are you seriously going to say to me right now it’s probable we win enough remaining games to make the tournament?????????
😎👍

Attachments

• 95FFBADC-5A97-46DF-AA85-A19CCDCF71D1.gif
    95FFBADC-5A97-46DF-AA85-A19CCDCF71D1.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
The rest of this season and an NIT run might be a good time to work on what you're going to do with the front court next season. personally, I'd go with Pons, Fulk and Uros with Walker coming in. Red shirt the rest.

Reactions: waynechismforthre
Someone should tell OP there are two e's in three.

why?...you knew what was meant...:D

PS. just want to play a few more games and upset a few in the process and play in the SECT...win a couple there and bubble into the NCAAT...I mean heck I haven't given up yet and would rather play in the NCAAT than the NIT...whatever happens...

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone should tell OP there are two e's in three.

why?...you knew what was meant...:D

PS. just want to play a few more games and upset a few in the process and play in the SECT...win a couple there and bubble into the NCAAT...I mean heck I haven't given up yet and would rather play in the NCAAT than the NIT...whatever happens...

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don’t understand why some feel the need to criticize grammar/spelling on a message board. Most post comments from cell phone so mistaaakes are a given

The NIT is just more in game action for young players to improve. Tournament basketball in a win or go home format is valuable experience. I wouldn't want to see very many minutes from Bowden in a consolation tournament. Just doesn't make since to play seniors reguardless of what level they are playing at.

Reactions: waynechismforthre
A
I don’t understand why some feel the need to criticize grammar/spelling on a message board. Most post comments from cell phone so mistaaakes are a given
Agree. You have to be some lame azz english teacher to care about this kind of thing. It should only be slightly more formal than text messaging.

If you had told me going in that Turner wouldn’t play and Bowden would be as inconsistent as he has I would have expected us to be at the bottom of the league with Vandy. Combine the players that we have coming in with the 4 you listed above and next years team should be fun to watch. I think Gaines can step up as well.
If we hadn’t added Vescovi I think we would be at the bottom of the league with Vandy

We’re 13-10...I’m simply asking...but would 19-13 get us in? Say we win 1 in the SECT..

VN Store

Back