Season Ticket Refunds

For the 1,001 time, Take Temps at the Gates, wear breathable N95 masks, and Fill the Stadium. If you are infected, you Will have an elevated temp. So says every Reputable Dr. I've asked. (3 in my Family)

So. if you are asymptomatic at a gate or anywhere in the USA you take high temp. You should quarantine till you get a test. So temp test should be everywhere they take 5 seconds with a non contact inflared thermometer gun. (as low as $27) First I heard asymptomatic's always have elevated temps.

So. if you are asymptomatic at a gate or anywhere in the USA you take high temp. You should quarantine till you get a test. So temp test should be everywhere they take 5 seconds with a non contact inflared thermometer gun. (as low as $27) First I heard asymptomatic's always have elevated temps.

If a virus invades your body; your Immune System kicks in and automatically raises your temp and BP. Asymptomatic; well that term is debatable; as to whether you actually have the virus. Tests are Not totally accurate; some off by 30%. Additionally, the Who issued a bulletin that "Asymptomatic" persons can't infect others. IF the virus is spread by "Water Droplets" then it is very difficult to infect others when you Have NONE.

Reactions: TNbuc2
My family is not going to suffocate in a mask while watching a football game in the baking sun in September. UTAD better have a no questions asked refund policy when the official word comes out later this week. And none of this credit to apply to next year BS either. You can charge the card or bank account you can just as easily refund the card or bank account. The approach they take on refunds will be an obvious clue about the strength or lack there of in the financial situation.

They have very little reserve and the annual budget basically spends all revenues. They have already spent most of ticket revenues for coaches salaries alone. It's a big money eating machine. I don't see how they can offer refunds and feed the beast? A coach is worth 6 million when everything is running, I am curious to see how much they are worth when the switch is turned off. They may surprise but in any case we will see very quickly if the season is canned.

My guess, if mask is required, it will be required "on" while entering the gate. I seriously doubt you have the mask police patrolling the stands. JMO, I could be wrong.

If a mask gives you a 1% chance of not getting or spreading the virus why not just wear it. It's a small sacrifice that may help save someone's life.
It's important to note that people who choose not to wear one may have a legit reason. While I do wear one, maybe 75-90% of the time, the misery and stress I feel is beyond belief. When I was prego with my youngest I was the victim of a violent crime, I had a knife to my throat, a hand over both my nose and mouth. I can handle one or the other being covered, but both bring back the memories and the sensation of not being able to breath. The point of telling something so personal is to encourage people NOT to judge. Everyone has their reason, it should be respected.

Last edited:
It's important to note that people who choose not to wear one may have a legit reason. While I do wear one, maybe 75-90% of the time, the misery and stress I feel is beyond belief. When I was prego with my youngest I was the victim of a violent crime, I had a knife to my throat, a hand over both my nose and mouth. I can handle one or the other being covered, but both bring back the memories and the sensation of not being able to breath. The point of telling something so personal is to encourage people NOT to judge. Everyone has their reason, it should be respected.
Unfortunately, everyone sits as judge nowadays. Especially on social media. We suck at showing grace and loving our neighbor.

You're pointing out legit reasons and my heart truly goes out to you. With that being said a lot of people don't wear masks just because they don't want to without reason.

Reactions: 08Vol
A lot of people don’t wear them because they are sooooo worried about what they look like... those are the people that should get it.

If a virus invades your body; your Immune System kicks in and automatically raises your temp and BP. Asymptomatic; well that term is debatable; as to whether you actually have the virus. Tests are Not totally accurate; some off by 30%. Additionally, the Who issued a bulletin that "Asymptomatic" persons can't infect others. IF the virus is spread by "Water Droplets" then it is very difficult to infect others when you Have NONE.
I’m not going to get in a back and forth because it’s not worth it but you are incorrect on asymptotic people not being able to infect others.
WHO clarifies comments on asymptomatic spread of Covid-19

Reactions: 08Vol and GAVol

That''s the problem everything is a moving target. Fauci says wear a mask then says don't wear, then everyone wear a mask all times. Then a pic in this thread shows him not wearing opening day. A colleague of his in for over 10 years says he's always said mask are not needed for Covid type viruses but this guy said somebody must have got to him or he was shamed to change.
I wear a mask not sure it works it's debatable but wear one in stores etc..
You can see why everybody is all over the board with this, our reputable leaders are all over the board.

For the 1,001 time, Take Temps at the Gates, wear breathable N95 masks, and Fill the Stadium. If you are infected, you Will have an elevated temp. So says every Reputable Dr. I've asked. (3 in my Family)

You can test positive for up to 3-4 weeks and only run temp for less than 48 hours. Checking temps is purely window dressing and a false sense of security

You are wrong. It’s primarily spread by asymptomatic people. That’s what makes it different than the flu.

My guess, if mask is required, it will be required "on" while entering the gate. I seriously doubt you have the mask police patrolling the stands. JMO, I could be wrong.

I could definitely see people patrolling the stands asking you to put the mask on. I went to a race at the Nashville Fairgrounds last week and they had people walking the steps telling anyone they saw without a mask to put it on. If a small race track can do it, a big time organization like UT can for sure.

This is incorrect also.
Temperature screening alone, at exit or entry, is not an effective way to stop international spread, since infected individuals may be in incubation period, may not express apparent symptoms early on in the course of the disease, or may dissimulate fever through the use of antipyretics

Are you even a fan?
I sure am. I just have no interest in participating in the political theater of wearing a mask all day long in mid 90s temperatures. And those that are saying it won’t be enforced beyond the entry gates are wrong.

Most wear long johns under their scrubs.
Operating rooms temps are usually set to the lower limits of the HVAC system.
Not at all like an early September day game with 100,000 of my closest friends.
I worked in an OR for 3 plus decades, and they do not. Most OR's are not hot, but not meat locker cold due to dropping the pt's temp. The point here is sometimes you have to sacrifice for a common good. People want to blame younger adults for being selfish, I personally blame us Baby Boomers for not setting a decent example. Skip the games played on the hot days, many do anyway. Saw a guy on the news last night stating He wasn't going to wear a mask to make someone else feel better. That pales in comparison to the sacrifices others have made through the years. If the 100,000 of us are your friends, seems like a small price to pay. See ya next month, if required I'll be wearing an ORANGE mask. Look me up.

Reactions: 08Vol and Frozevol

VN Store

Back