Search For Lady Vols Basketball Coach

Not necessarily fishy, Fulmer might not want to pay what is needed to entice him to consider leaving Louisville

Walz current contract is public from University minutes when it was approved

Base salary - 1.475M thru 2021, 1.525M 2021-2024, 1.575M in 2025
Car Allowance - 500/mth
Conf regular season title - 40K
Conf tourney title - 40K
Sweet 16 - 50K
Elite 8 - 20K
Final 4 - 100K
Championship - 200K
Conf coach of year 25K
National Coach of year 50K
Academic APR over 950 - 25K
Team GPA over 3.0 - 25K

Buyout by coach 1.475M
To become a national power you have to be willing to spend a lot of money otherwise you stay mediocre

To become a national power you have to be willing to spend a lot of money otherwise you stay mediocre
aQL6y7P.jpg

Whomever Fulmer hires, he had better first get the approval of the players, especially Evina Westbrook.
Running it by the players should be a must. But as far as Evina, her opinion or approval shouldn’t carry no more weight than any others. Her play this year was mediocre. Not sure, because she didn’t want to play for CHW or the Lady Vols.

It's just gonna' take a long time reading all those resumes and applications from suitors who wanna be here. 🤑😏🏀

Reactions: cutiepie5
Why don't we just wait and let Fulmer do his job. Most people on this board wanted the previous AD fired and were happy with the Fulmer hire. Now they do not trust him to make the correct decision (rather the hire they want). When the new coach is hired half of the fan base will be happy and the other half will go ballistic. What a way to be loyal to your team!
If he had made the right decision we would not owe her 750,000 dollars. It was obvious to anyone that knew anything about basketball what type of a coach she was, she couldn't coach. Now that she is gone, you are hearing former players that certainly know how to win say the same thing. Instead after one of the worst seasons (and this one was even worse) ever she was given a extension. That doesn't sound to smart to me. Get us a quality coach, and with what is left, and who will be enrolling this summer, they will have great success from day one. Yes I do like Waltz, but I am not opposed to any quality coach, and it does not have be be in the Lady Vol Family.

What if Mr. Walz thru his agent has said he really isn't interested without passing that word to you.
Smart aleck answer:rolleyes: If he isn't hired as Tennessee women's basketball head coach it's probably because Phil Fulmer wasn't interested in him and never talked to him:mad:

Reactions: TenUhSee
To be honest. It doesn't matter what you pay. Paying Holly 5 million a year wouldn't make her a better coach. Finding a good one is more important than the cost. A coach who can coach will get more from this team than Holly. Once you find that person, then you raise the salary to keep said person. Women's basketball isn't CFB. There are plenty of talented coaches better than Holly for far less cost initially. You just have to be smart in the choice. Philip should be able to judge that now that he has the freedom to do so. He seems to have made a good choice in Pruitt.

To be honest. It doesn't matter what you pay. Paying Holly 5 million a year wouldn't make her a better coach. Finding a good one is more important than the cost. A coach who can coach will get more from this team than Holly. Once you find that person, then you raise the salary to keep said person. Women's basketball isn't CFB. There are plenty of talented coaches better than Holly for far less cost initially. You just have to be smart in the choice. Philip should be able to judge that now that he has the freedom to do so. He seems to have made a good choice in Pruitt.

It DOES matter what you pay. Tennessee isn't a typical women's basketball program. If returning to elite status is as important as the AD says it is, then a school with the tradition and resources of UT shouldn't be hitting the bargain bin for the next coach...

It DOES matter what you pay. Tennessee isn't a typical women's basketball program. If returning to elite status is as important as the AD says it is, then a school with the tradition and resources of UT shouldn't be hitting the bargain bin for the next coach...

So drop 2-3 mil for a women's basketball coach? Are you insane?

Well there is room for two Assistants if she is hired don't know who they will be. Her husband is certainly one so someone isn't staying if she is hired and she has two other people at Mo State one was a former player and I think Stiles was a former head coach somewhere. So somebody is leaving of the three we have now and i expect it will be more than one.

I’m wondering if Stiles would even want to leave her alma mater to follow Kellie. Stiles has yet to be a head coach anywhere so I’m not sure Missouri State would elevate her. I felt like Kellie was extremely lucky to have Stiles, a famously hard worker, on her staff.

If Kellie takes over I’d like to see her hire a really strong offensive strategist and teacher, someone to help her really shake things up and get our players excited and believing in themselves and each other again.

Not necessarily fishy, Fulmer might not want to pay what is needed to entice him to consider leaving Louisville

Walz current contract is public from University minutes when it was approved

Base salary - 1.475M thru 2021, 1.525M 2021-2024, 1.575M in 2025
Car Allowance - 500/mth
Conf regular season title - 40K
Conf tourney title - 40K
Sweet 16 - 50K
Elite 8 - 20K
Final 4 - 100K
Championship - 200K
Conf coach of year 25K
National Coach of year 50K
Academic APR over 950 - 25K
Team GPA over 3.0 - 25K

Buyout by coach 1.475M

He ponied up for Chaney, Ansley and Tee.

VN Store

Back