Search firm for AD

vol94

SIAP- merge if necessary.
I just read that UT is hiring a search firm for the AD position. While I understand the rationale, info always leaks so why a search firm unless the President and chancellor do not have a list of candidates, or they want to show a sense of political correctness.

I just read that UT is hiring a search firm for the AD position. While I understand the rationale, info always leaks so why a search firm unless the President and chancellor do not have a list of candidates, or they want to show a sense of political correctness.
not uncommon. Help with background searches history and looking into closets

Reactions: Ostrich
Honestly, it’s just another way to waste money. With or without a search firm, we probably would end up with the same AD.

Reactions: badkarma and Remy
The search firm is to find the most obscure AD possible so maybe they have not heard how disfunction this whole university has been over the past 10 years. Let's face it, would you come to TN if you were a competent AD at some other power 5 institution? I would not.

Honestly, it’s just another way to waste money. With or without a search firm, we probably would end up with the same AD.

That’s my point. We were ridiculed last time we hired a search firm and the experts said it was for “privacy, a way to back channel interviews and to save face if a candidate rejected us.”

I know it’s common but just think it’s a waste of money. Schools (look @ Bama) can interview candidates and then conduct a thorough background check without hiring a search firm. Maybe I am too impatient as I’m ready for this sh*$ show to end.

I love this university and proud my son will be attending next fall.

Go Vols!

Reactions: rdavis007
The only damn "search firm" that they need up there to replace theAD n head coach needs to come from some of the greatest players from the national title team n SEC title teams! Quit waisting money for stupid **** like this!

Reactions: onevol74
The search firm is to find the most obscure AD possible so maybe they have not heard how disfunction this whole university has been over the past 10 years. Let's face it, would you come to TN if you were a competent AD at some other power 5 institution? I would not.

Agree w your post. I would only leave if they gave me a significant pay increase with a guarantee Of certain number of yrs with a large buyout. Enough money to support my family in case I was terminated.

I see your point.

I don’t think it’s a bad thing for university presidents/chancellors to use a search firm. They’re probably not experts when it comes to athletics. However I think it’s ridiculous for an AD to hire a search firm for head coaches. Hiring good coaches is one of their most important responsibilities. I just hope UT leadership aren’t idiots and don’t get swindled

AD, yes. Head Coach, No.

Plowman probably didn't expect Phil to "retire" so she didn't have a list of candidates. Search firm will give her time.
Wonder what criteria she gave (will give) the firm? Last time as I recall the candidate had to have P5 AD experience which eliminated all the potential fan favorites.

Well, I was hoping if they made the move, they had some strong candidates expressing interest. Otherwise, here we go again. Can we at least avoid the whole Schiano debacle this time?

Plowman probably didn't expect Phil to "retire" so she didn't have a list of candidates. Search firm will give her time.
Wonder what criteria she gave (will give) the firm? Last time as I recall the candidate had to have P5 AD experience which eliminated all the potential fan favorites.

From what I understand Fulmer was unable to retain his position as AD so he retired.

I heard Joanne Leight, interim AD at Slippery Rock, just turned us down.

On deck is Dave Hardy from the University of Saskatchewan

Leight would have been a bad fit here, and happy she said no.

What Hardy has done at UoS is nothing short of miraculous. Would love to see him on the Hill.

Watching press conf. This is very painful. Idk WTH happened but apparently “number of people involved” and “numerous incidents.”

Sounds like we are going to have numerous sanctions with level one and level two.

Fulmer appeared to have a difficult time speaking about Pruitt. I thought it was going to break down. Say what you want but the man loves TN.

VN Store

Back