Sean Peyton retiring

Sean Payton steps down from New Orleans because he misses Dan Campbell so much and becomes the Lions next offensive coordinator.

Saints are in salary cap hell and they didn't even make the playoffs. They are $74M above the cap. Only one other team is even 1/3 of that (Packers at $40M).

Reactions: Plecoptera and MAD
I'd like to see Peyton, Eli, Sean Payton, and Dree Brees do Monday Night Football and seriously get into the play calls vs defenses and whatnot without too much fluff.

Call it: Fours Quarters with Four Quarterbacks. Let each one kinda lead the discussion on a quarter.

Reactions: Volizona and MAD
I'd like to see Peyton, Eli, Sean Payton, and Dree Brees do Monday Night Football and seriously get into the play calls vs defenses and whatnot without too much fluff.

Call it: Fours Quarters with Four Quarterbacks. Let each one kinda lead the discussion on a quarter.

I am not impressed with Drew Brees as a commentator.

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
Saints are in salary cap hell and they didn't even make the playoffs. They are $74M above the cap. Only one other team is even 1/3 of that (Packers at $40M).
this has been a yearly thing for the Saints. I believe last year they were $100M above cap going into the off-season

I am not impressed with Drew Brees as a commentator.
I think he'd be far better as a QB play analyst. "Cover 2, 3rd and 5, I'd look for a ......."

He's just learning to sit with a panel and be a talking head. I don't think he's a good fit doing "Okay Dree, tell us about what the Giants need to do." He'd be better like Peyton and Eli at seeing a situation.... having insight into why this play in this situation.

Reactions: n_huffhines

VN Store

Back