Scrimmage vs Davidson this Saturday 10/23

If you are comparing Pruitt to Barnes in coaching, trustworthiness or integrity, then your argument is flawed. Basilio's track record speaks for itself and that's why I side with Barnes and his staff.

Dont get me wrong. TB's shows were mildly entertaining.....kinda like sitting on a bench at Dollywood and watching the folks walk by. But, there is a reason why he doesn't get press credentials to UT press events and why he has rented time and been cancelled on every low budget radio station in the Knox County area.
You missed the point, which was certainly not an attempt to draw any sort of parallel between the integrity and trustworthiness of Jeremy Pruitt and Rick Barnes.

The point was, you can't just blindly toss full allegiance to one side or the other (Barnes/staff or Basilio) and not expect to get hosed at some point.

Reactions: JoAllan
I get the point. I am just using common sense to determine which side is much more trustworthy than the other. Don't get me wrong, Basilio's show can be entertaining. But, that's just because he has made a career of throwing out wild rumors and sitting back and letting his listeners rant. He has never been a bastion of truth and justice but it's entertaining.

Barnes has proven otherwise and I trust him over a radio host relegated to a small station and a webcast until proven different. I wish TB would move to the 6-9 slot or the noon to 3 slot but I doubt any radio station will give him those slots. There is no competition in those time slots in Knoxville.

I get the point. I am just using common sense to determine which side is much more trustworthy than the other. Don't get me wrong, Basilio's show can be entertaining. But, that's just because he has made a career of throwing out wild rumors and sitting back and letting his listeners rant. He has never been a bastion of truth and justice but it's entertaining.

Barnes has proven otherwise and I trust him over a radio host relegated to a small station and a webcast until proven different. I wish TB would move to the 6-9 slot or the noon to 3 slot but I doubt any radio station will give him those slots. There is no competition in those time slots in Knoxville.
But Tony's report has been proven to be accurate. And it isn't really Basilio vs Barnes. In this instance, it is Basilio vs Satkowiak, and I think it's become clear who has egg on their face.

All I'm saying, and we share similar views about Basilio and his place on the rung in Knoxville media, is that he gets the scoop sometimes. Enough that you can't just automatically dismiss his information like you can with someone like Sab on Twitter. He hits on enough things that, for me, his info narrowly falls in the "trust but verify" category. I don't follow him blindly by any stretch of the imagination, and I probably am more prone to "question but verify" his nuggets of info.

And FWIW, he is on the air from 11-1 every weekday, and he generally continues thru his podcast for an additional hour+ after he clears the airways at 1pm.

But Tony's report has been proven to be accurate. And it isn't really Basilio vs Barnes. In this instance, it is Basilio vs Satkowiak, and I think it's become clear who has egg on their face.

All I'm saying, and we share similar views about Basilio and his place on the rung in Knoxville media, is that he gets the scoop sometimes. Enough that you can't just automatically dismiss his information like you can with someone like Sab on Twitter. He hits on enough things that, for me, his info narrowly falls in the "trust but verify" category. I don't follow him blindly by any stretch of the imagination, and I probably am more prone to "question but verify" his nuggets of info.

And FWIW, he is on the air from 11-1 every weekday, and he generally continues thru his podcast for an additional hour+ after he clears the airways at 1pm.
I admittedly haven't followed this closely, but isn't the only thing (at least proven) Tony has gotten right here is the 3 players that sat out?

I admittedly haven't followed this closely, but isn't the only thing (at least proven) Tony has gotten right here is the 3 players that sat out?
When you’re starving for info, a crumb of truth is good stuff.

Davidson is probably the 4th or 5th best team in the A10. Will be a decent opponent for the scrimmage. Some A10 teams the talent to beat some SEC basketball teams.

Reactions: ArdentVol
According to the Davidson message board Tennessee won by 6 points and one of the Davidson post players was the best player on the court. Something like 29 points and 11 rebounds.

According to the Davidson message board Tennessee won by 6 points and one of the Davidson post players was the best player on the court. Something like 29 points and 11 rebounds.
So this would run counter to what Tony said also?

Confirmed: The three injured players and that Tennessee won.

Undisputed: The starting five, that Nkamhoua looked great, and Vescovi, James, and BHH were very solid.

Disputed: Margin of victory (single digits, not double-digits) and the format (two halves, each starting with a clean slate).

Basilio just now spread some manure about Barnes having to always have somebody to **** with (“have some fun with”). So he’s suggesting that BHH and CRB are not getting along. Yeah, Tony sure is “All Vol”.

1:15pm, s/b around 135:00 minutes on the podcast.

Confirmed: The three injured players and that Tennessee won.

Undisputed: The starting five, that Nkamhoua looked great, and Vescovi, James, and BHH were very solid.

Disputed: Margin of victory (single digits, not double-digits) and the format (two halves, each starting with a clean slate).

Davidson leak had their post as best player on the court. TB had Nkamhoua as the best.

Score was disputed by their leak too.

So was he 1 for 3, or am I reading this wrong?

Davidson leak had their post as best player on the court. TB had Nkamhoua as the best.

Score was disputed by their leak too.

So was he 1 for 3, or am I reading this wrong?
TB had Nkamhoua as the best player on the floor according to his source, but some detail is lost in translation, most likely, given this wasn't Tony's first-hand account. Since his source is someone inside the program, there is a better than decent chance that the source wasn't even considering Davidson players when relaying who looked the best as Basilio and Tennessee fans wouldn't have cared who looked good/bad for them.

And I previously noted that the margin of victory (score) was disputed. Basilio had it as a double-digit Tennessee win, other sources (Volquest) had it as a single-digit Vol win. That detail seems pretty inconsequential as the outcome is universally agreed upon, and I think Basilio hit on enough of the main details to warrant not being put on blast by Satkowiak, which is the main argument.

VN Store

Back