Screw Georgia

Beat GA and Bama and the recruits will stay home. Sadly until we do there will no championships.
They aren't beating us with Tennessee recruits though. We need one of those programs at least to fall so that we can steal theirs. We've just got to get where we consistently beat everyone else for several years and then we'll be in position once one of the top tier teams gets a bad coach or something. That's what Majors did.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I honestly can’t believe I’m saying this but I would pull for Bryce Young over Bennett 365 days a year. Night and day in composure and class.

Now, it’s hard to judge a kid after he just won a NC but just found Bennett unlikeable despite an amazing story. Probably just me having a “Get off my lawn” moment. 😂
I find this an outrageous comment, fffs, Pruitt was the coach here and people thought his lack of class and composure was because” he is a football coach.” Like Bennett or not kid is a legit student athlete first and if was a Vol people would be tripping over themselves about what an uplifting story. Get off my lawn is right.

It is not going to be a meteoric rise to the SEC Championship game....it will take 3-5 (likely 5) to reach the SEC Championship game unless something blows up UGA.

That being said, year 1 was make a bowl (7 regular season wins)
Year 2--beat one of our 3 rivals (UF) + 9 wins (regular season)
Year 3--NYD bowl - 10 wins (regular season)
Year 4/5--SEC East--11+ wins (regular season)

Would be a realistic improvement scheme for me.

But how do we do that while Smart is at Georgia?

They aren't beating us with Tennessee recruits though. We need one of those programs at least to fall so that we can steal theirs. We've just got to get where we consistently beat everyone else for several years and then we'll be in position once one of the top tier teams gets a bad coach or something. That's what Majors did.

Good points

Reactions: Vol Farmer
he never was as bad as everyone made him out to be
The Stetson Bennett hate is a strange thing. He's basically Rick Clausen with better wheels. Not a great QB, but good enough to manage an offense full of talent.

I have said the same thing since the BCS started & now through the CFB format: If you don’t win your own Conference, then you should NOT be able to play for the National Championship!

Well UGA beat Bama for the title, meaning NCAA and SEC investigations will tear them a new one soon. Bama to be back on top next year.

Well, normally I don't care if Georgia ever wins a game; but I'm old school, so my second favorite team is whoever's playing Alabama. Always, always, always glad to see Alabama lose.
Exactly! Posters on this forum who say "oh well, what's another win for Bama" must be too young to remember when the UT/Bama rivalry was really a thing. The elephant in the room (literally) is UT's record vs Bama the last 15 or so tries. It's approaching the level of dominance UT had over UK about a decade ago. It will not get easier to shake the longer it goes on. UT's best hope to restore some dignity to its once proud tradition would be to defeat the Tide posthaste. The more times Bama loses, the more beatable they become.

UT needs to get serious in the NIL game. That's how this cycle gets turned on its head.

The win last night validated UGA's program. It makes me sick as they should always be that underachieving 7 or 8 win program. While I hate the Updykes and UF a little more than UGA, the reality is that UGA being down is far more critical to the long term health of our program than the other two.

VN Store

Back