Scouting report for UNLV???

MississippiVol

Does anybody know much about them? I went to their athletic site, but it didn't really provide much info. I remember during the 2000 season, they came to Oxford to play Ole Miss. Ole Miss had jumped out to an ungodly lead. When I turned the radio back on, UNLV had tied it up, and the game was going into OT. Ole Miss ended up winning 43-40. Our guys always seem to start out slowly, and that concerns me. With a new QB going into this season, it could be even slower, and that almost cost us against Marshall this year. I hope our guys don't make the mistake of overlooking this team, and take them too lightly.

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 17, 2004 6:22 PM
Check this one out:

LINK

Thanks, vol freak. When I saw the part where they had to rally to beat Wyoming last year, my worries diminished somewhat. Thanks again, EWC

I saw John Robinson a couple of weeks ago on the Best Damn Sports Show. The guy seemed to absolutely love coaching football and getting to live in Las Vegas. You'd think they'd be able to recruit kids to go to school in Vegas . . .

Originally posted by MississippiVol@May 17, 2004 5:42 PM
I hope our guys don't make the mistake of overlooking this team, and take them too lightly.

I feel the same way. We never look great in our season opener anyway. I think that's why ESPN wants to televise the game. They're hoping we'll lose.

:angry: :espn:

I think that's why ESPN wants to televise the game. They're hoping we'll lose.

Yep&#33;&#33;&#33; That&#39;s o.k. though - CPF doesn&#39;t lose too many games that he&#39;s expected to win <cringe - that&#39;s gonna take some hits - it&#39;s debatable, I know, but is my opinion> and while UNLV may throw a scare into us, we aren&#39;t going to lose a home opener, on a Sunday, at NIGHT (yippee&#33;&#33;). Period. Our guys are going to be thinking, "So this is what the NFL is like..."

VN Store

Back