Scout has us rate 10th???

We are in the top ten on Rivals and Scout already and Fulmer is one of the best closers in the Nation. We are going to have a top 5 class this year.:rock:

It will be hard to finish Top 5 with so many 3* guys even if the Vols finish really strong. It's a mathmatical issue at this point.

We are in the top ten on Rivals and Scout already and Fulmer is one of the best closers in the Nation. We are going to have a top 5 class this year.:rock:

fulmer is usually a good closer. last year he closed with a thud, but a 5-6 year will do that to you. we still need some D-lineman, D-backs, and O-lineman. we should be able to finish in the top 10. we will be hard pressed to finish in the top 5. i also have found in the past that rivals is a better recruiting service than scout. when it comes to recruiting though, tom lemming is the man.

We arent pushing for any OL. We have a lot of young very talented OL already. And, I dont know why you say we will be hard pressed to finish in the top 5...we are already #4 and we have two 5-stars (Donaldy and Berry) that will boost us up with more 5-stars than anybody except Texas.

I am very excited about our class the way it is right now. With Berry, and Donald I will be overjoyed. If we somehow pulled Austin, I will...................

We arent pushing for any OL. We have a lot of young very talented OL already. And, I dont know why you say we will be hard pressed to finish in the top 5...we are already #4 and we have two 5-stars (Donaldy and Berry) that will boost us up with more 5-stars than anybody except Texas.
I am on a short lunch break from a seminar so I do not have time to do a treatise on the law of diminishing returns. It's a math issue not an issue of whether or not UT gets Berry, Donald or any other 5* guys.

I am an economics teacher so I dont need a treatise on the law of diminishing returns. The 3-stars are counting right now and we are where we are. I understand what you are saying, but the other teams ranked highly right now have a large number of commitments already, just like us. USC will pass us because they have very few signings. Not to mention, anything in the Top 10 is essentially the same. With the exception of Texas this year. That class is ridiculous.

Rivals ranks by total score rather than average stars. The math of a big class actually helps if I am not mistaken with regard to class rank.

we have alot of unproven talent on the o-line and if they don't develop we are done for next year. as for not finishing in the top 5, i look for USC, ND, UM and LSU to all pass us by. i figure somewhere in the 6 to 10 range sounds about right. we do need some studs on the o-line right now we lost our only one in sears, and the rest seem to be soft. donald and berry are not commits. in my opinion we have a chance at donald, but berry is a silent UGA commit.

Berry could always end up at UGA. Its a possibility. But, I do not think at all that he is a silent commit to UGA. I dont even think he is leaning towards them. His most recent interview he talks about his college major, pre-med. He said it was big that Tennessee and Ohio State have their own medical school within the system. He didnt mention anything about UGA having a med school in the system. He wants to be a dentist and is even doing an intership with a dentist office this semester so he is obviously serious about it.

I trust scout more in basketball. Rivals in football. Although, i havent had a subsciption in a few years, it seems like this usually holds true.
Here is my oppinion on recruiting anyway. 4 and 5 stars are pretty equal. There are maybe 10 players in the nation each year which are superstars and it depends on who gets them.

I trust scout more in basketball. Rivals in football. Although, i havent had a subsciption in a few years, it seems like this usually holds true.
Here is my oppinion on recruiting anyway. 4 and 5 stars are pretty equal. There are maybe 10 players in the nation each year which are superstars and it depends on who gets them.

And then you can't forget the 2-3 star players that turn out to be underrated and become workhorses. I can't think of many offhand nor do I have time. I have to get to class...

VN Store

Back