Schofield block

Someone who knows how needs to make a gif of that block, along with the behind-the-glass replay view

I still can’t believe how good they are. Completely fundamentally sound. Barnes has to be one of the top 5 coaches to ever coach at Tennessee in any sport, if not higher.

Reactions: chattavol420
I still can’t believe how good they are. Completely fundamentally sound. Barnes has to be one of the top 5 coaches to ever coach at Tennessee in any sport, if not higher.

Let me take a shot at it, my top 5:
1) Summitt/Neyland
3) Fulmer
5) Barnes/Weekly's

I was watching that short video clip from the post above mine earlier, and I was able to pause this frame on the block. It shows just how close that dunk was to going in, just as Admiral smacked it with a resounding “No sir.”

Attachments

• B50024C9-53BF-49AD-88CC-61069D25603D.png
    B50024C9-53BF-49AD-88CC-61069D25603D.png
    4 MB · Views: 83
The ball is obviously in the cylinder so what makes that not goaltending? Is it because the UF player still has control of the ball?

Awesome play by the Admiral.

Question - why no goal tending? Was it because the Florida player was still touching the ball?

Great minds think alike!

Reactions: GBO18
The ball is obviously in the cylinder so what makes that not goaltending? Is it because the UF player still has control of the ball?

It's not goaltending if the player has not let go of the ball yet. Scottie Pippen had a very similar block in game 6 of the 1997 NBA Finals. One of the best defensive plays in Finals history. He also did it with 5 fouls.

Reactions: cncchris33
As others have said, the ball had not left the offensive players hand. The only way that could have been goaltending is for the defender to have reached up thru the basket to make the block.

Looks to be still going up to me. It might be goaltending but I wouldn't call it a blatantly obvious call by rewatching it a few times.

From what I can see, it was still going up and Admiral already had his hand on the ball blocking it at that point before fully extending the swat.

It is not considered goal tending if it meet 2 criteria: It is on the way up, and/or it has not hit the backboard, yet.

It is not considered goal tending if it meet 2 criteria: It is on the way up, and/or it has not hit the backboard, yet.

Not hitting the backboard wouldn't fit "or". Otherwise any shot that's NOT a bank shot could be goal tended and ruled a block.

VN Store

Back