Schiano to Rutgers?

OrngeJuiceJones

JG old high school coach is now Rutgers assistant and interim head coach... Hearing Schiano will take the job. Interesting...

Botch will be the coach.
The type of job he is qualified for. But if i were him i would evaluate if want to be a power 5 coach ever again. Because at Rutgers its invevitable he will be fired in a 5-7 year window. Then having 2 firings from power 5 conference jobs would be hard to overcome. It might be better if he reacclimated to another job like central Michigan rebuild and take another power 5 job then that the 5-10 year could take to retirement. But Rutgers is such a tough job it could bury his head coaching career forever.

Reactions: sport3500
Please let this happen so Butch can finally be removed from UTs payroll.

Butch’s offense would work at Rutgers for longer than it did here. But his ceiling is right at 8 wins. Not bad for Rutgers

Someone poated somewhere that he stepped down from his position at NE. Idk if true or not.

No way, no way possible that Butch Jones would ever win 8 games at Rutgers. His worst trait is he absolutely cannot develop players. Schiano maybe.

I'm up in the air about Schiano.....don't know what to make of him. I do know he is super aggressive in game planning and a very emotional coach...I know his record at Rutgers ( it was pretty acceptable) and TB ( 11-24, not so good, but not horribly bad) when considering other NFL coaches records... You take away Jon Grudens one year at Tampa Bay where he inherited Tony Dungy's players and you have a below 500 coach. Ohio State is where I question him.... He was great his first few years there where his defenses were among the nations best....BUT LAST YEAR. bad schemes, bad angles, bad tackling, giving up more big plays than any team in the nation...YOU NAME IT. Was it due to incompatibility and friction with Alex Grinch? How could a defense be so bad and this year, with basically the same personnel, be literally impenetrable. Don't understand it.

Look at this gem from a Rutgers board.

Attachments

• 19C55653-8355-49AB-B05A-55EA7D8AB462.jpeg
    19C55653-8355-49AB-B05A-55EA7D8AB462.jpeg
    832.7 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: sport3500
I am not an insider but I think Jones gets the Rutgers job which helps ease the buyout UT still owes him.

VN Store

Back