Schiano Out at OSU

If you read the story and look into the details, you'll find out that he had absolutely nothing at all to do with the child abuse at PSU. He just happened to coach there at one time. We're absolutely fine with him coming to UGA. We've read the circumstances and know that he did absolutely nothing that would prevent him from being hired. UT fans just didn't want him because he wasn't named Gruden. He's a good coach and a good man.
Glad you think so...Enjoy

If you read the story and look into the details, you'll find out that he had absolutely nothing at all to do with the child abuse at PSU. He just happened to coach there at one time. We're absolutely fine with him coming to UGA. We've read the circumstances and know that he did absolutely nothing that would prevent him from being hired. UT fans just didn't want him because he wasn't named Gruden. He's a good coach and a good man.
I'm not convinced

Look, dawg idiot, there’s sworn testimony that he knew and failed to report. It it absolutely true? Who knows. But it is a statement under oath that he has never challenged in court like most anyone accused of such a thing would do.

Got that Einstein? You want him? Have fun. Now show your self out the damn door.

UGA fans are the most annoying fans in the nation.

Look, dawg idiot, there’s sworn testimony that he knew and failed to report. It it absolutely true? Who knows. But it is a statement under oath that he has never challenged in court like most anyone accused of such a thing would do.

Got that Einstein? You want him? Have fun. Now show your self out the damn door.

Not to mention all the reports that he has been an abusive asshat everywhere he's been.

Good man my foot.

We don't know whether or not Schiano knew what Sandusky was doing, but there was sworn testimony that he did. Double hearsay won't put someone in jail, but it was enough to not be our head coach.
You're fooling yourself if you think all of those spontaneous protests were because of Gruden.
"He's a good coach and a good man." His time in Tampa appears to say otherwise on the good man front, but I haven't met him. Perhaps he's a wonderful person now, but you're telling yourself what you want to hear. To be fair, all fans do at least some of that regarding their teams.

He's a career .500 HC which means he loiters in mediocrity and has had difficulty maintaining working relationships and has a history of burned bridges most everywhere he has been.

I wonder where that guy who was praising Schiano on the boards and telling us we got the best coach around and then started cussing us all out when he didn't get the job because of the protests feels about this firing...Enquiring minds want to know...Wish I could remember his name but he wasn't that important so I didn't care to remember lol

Don't really know or care, but if I was getting Sherlock Holmes about it, the first place I would check is under Fulmer's desk.

It was second-hand hearsay testimony that wasn't even admissible in the trial. That kind of accusation is flimsy, at best.

Schiano would have been a terrible hire for a bunch of football-related reasons. I'm glad he ended up not being the coach. But you, me, and everyone else knows that if Schiano was an A+ candidate, or if some other top coach we wanted had the identical baggage, it would have been overlooked or excused. Schiano wasn't good enough of a candidate to overcome his baggage.

A lot of the media criticism of Tennessee and Tennessee fans was disingenuous during all of that, but so was the posturing by a lot of our fanbase about the reasons why they were against Schiano.

Not to mention all the reports that he has been an abusive asshat everywhere he's been.

Good man my foot.
Yea, to be honest the whole Penn State thing by itself was hearsay enough to give benefit of the doubt on. I kinda wish it had not been thrown out there as "the reason" UT didn't want him. Fact is, he has been such an ass outside of that as well as not being a very good coach that his hire would have set UT football back years.

It was second-hand hearsay testimony that wasn't even admissible in the trial. That kind of accusation is flimsy, at best.

Schiano would have been a terrible hire for a bunch of football-related reasons. I'm glad he ended up not being the coach. But you, me, and everyone else knows that if Schiano was an A+ candidate, or if some other top coach we wanted had the identical baggage, it would have been overlooked or excused. Schiano wasn't good enough of a candidate to overcome his baggage.

A lot of the media criticism of Tennessee and Tennessee fans was disingenuous during all of that, but so was the posturing by a lot of our fanbase about the reasons why they were against Schiano.

In my response I clearly indicate that the veracity of the sworn statement is not known. No one will likely ever truly know exactly what went on among the staff at PSU, specifically who knew what when.

I'm just not going to stand by and allow a UGA fan to lecture us on who our coach should be or should have been. If UGA wants to hire him, so be it.

Herbie looks like a turd now. Always really was one, just now it's confirmed.

Got sick of listening to the B$ from those 2 morons during the NC game last night. They say some of the most stupid things when you critically pay attention. They have some serious self-importance issues.

Herbstreet lost my respect way back in 2006 iirc when (believe it or not), he went on this crazy A rant on ESPN over the fact that 12-1 UF jumped UM to play OSU in the natty ... nullifying an all B10 title game. Of course, UF stomped a friggin mudhole in OSU. I never heard this turd come eat humble pie. But, this same type thing over UT Fans and Shiatno just completed the lack of respect. I'm sure he's out on his anti OSU crusade today for them firing one of the great coaches in America ... not!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

First of all VolfaninMiami is inaccurate in saying that possible "child abuse" knowledge was THE reason he was rejected. That is THE MEDIAS false version. The "child abuse" issue was just a cherry on top of the turd sundae that Haslam/Currie were serving UT fans. The only people who believe that are those who listen to the media and believe their lies and misinformation. There are 1,000 threads on here to help you understand the real reasons.

Second, I and many more have read the "stories" about CGS @ PSU. And no, you do NOT know whether he was guilty of what he was accused of or not. Nor do I or any other fans. CGS does and so does the coach to testified under oath that CGS "did know what was going on and ignored it". They know. You, I, UGA fans and UT fans don't know. So stop speaking as if you do.

Someone accused him. Nobody proved it beyond a reasonable doubt. He's legally innocent until proven guilty. But whether "he looked the other way" or not while little boys were being raped, only the Father in heaven and a handful on earth actually know.

The National media pundits owe us an apology. We were raked over the coals for weeks after not hiring him last year. Looks like we got the last laugh on this one.

You can see the integrity of the national sports media concerning this Elephant in the Room. Not a peep! Those people are absolute trash IMO.

You can see the integrity of the national sports media concerning this Elephant in the Room. Not a peep! Those people are absolute trash IMO.
What's funny is you'd think the media, especially in this age of Me Too and heightened sensitivity to things like that, would actually shower praise on VolTwitter for being outraged about the hire. You'd think the media would have stayed very clear of defending a man accused of that, even if he was very tangentially connected to it. The media usually taken a guilty until proven innocent on things like that, but they vigorously defended Schiano.

Hey UGADawg4Life:

Maybe Schiano is up for a coordinator shift? I hear y'all have an opening at OC. I mean, him being such a good guy and all...........

UGA should totally hire him!! He’s so relatable and so nice. I’m sure moms all over the country will trust their young men to his tender care.

:)

Reactions: Big Orange Hoss
I'm pretty sure that most people coaching at Penn State at that time knew or had heard rumors. He's not coaching now because of performance, but I sure he would have been really successful as our Head coach.
giphy (2).gif

VN Store

Back