Schiano close to deal with Rutgers

According to Football Scoop the 14 person Rutgers Board of Governors will vote on the hiring of Greg Sh*tiano as head football coach and he could be announced as head coach of Rutgers later this week

Guarantano isn't leaving for one year at a rebuilding from the septic tank Rutgers when he could be (at worst) the #2 QB on what may well be a solid '20 Vols team. If he has any NFL aspirations at all, Queens College is not the place to find them. Knoxville? Maybe.

And it wouldn't hurt for us to have that depth next year, as we already know Maurer will jump into a woodchipper if he thinks if will get one more yard. HB is legit, but he'll likely need a year to come up to SEC speed. Depth at QB is a nice problem to have in November. Just ask Saban.

I've had my issues with JG, but he came off the bench to win the UK game. That, and he's taken more beatings over the last two seasons than the long list of Mike Tyson's opponents over the years. Talent might be limited, but that kid has the heart of a lion. I'd rather have him on our roster than not, given where we are right now.

I think he stays, as he should.

Go Vols.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Talent might be limited, but that kid has the heart of a lion.
Talent is absolutely NOT the issue. He's got as much physical talent as any other QB in the SEC. The problem is that he puts too much pressure on himself and just locks up mentally. The negative plays eat at him and he can't let it go. Having time on the bench and not being "the guy" has helped him a lot. If he can ever get over those mental hurdles, then the sky is the limit. There's a reason Urban wanted him really bad at OSU.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back