Schedule Changes

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
If you could pick one game on ut's football schedule to flip-flop from a late season game to an early season game, or vice versa, or a middle of the year game to early or late game, what would it be? I'd love to see tennessee take on florida later in the year. that game in 2001 where we played them in december was awesome. don't get much better than that.

Just for fun, let's make the Vandy game the annual season opener. It would turn a ho-hum game into an event.

I hate to see Vandy and Kentucky back-to-back at the end of the season. It just always seems to lower the level of our team's motivation at the end of the year just when it needs to be peaking. :shakehead:

I would flip Kentucky and Florida. It would give our guys a good warm-up into the season and check out the other teams as they break their seasons in, and a good challenge to lead them into the SECCG.

I would like to see Florida be the first team we played....I know this may sound insane but it would be a HELL OF A OPENER...... :good: :good: :beer: :good: :good:

Originally posted by g8terh8ter_eric@Feb 20, 2005 1:22 AM
I would like to see Florida be the first team we played....I know this may sound insane but it would be a HELL OF A OPENER...... :good: :good: :beer: :good: :good:

:censored: that.

i like the florida game as the last one.

something for espn to talk about.

Florida as the last one....Vandy and UK as middle of the season games and Bama(even though it would break tradition) as the 1st SEC opener.....JMO

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Feb 20, 2005 8:59 AM
Florida as the last one....Vandy and UK as middle of the season games and Bama(even though it would break tradition) as the 1st SEC opener.....JMO

He said to flip only two teams.

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Feb 20, 2005 11:59 AM

Actually the flip-flop should be putting the Bama game back on the 3rd Saturday in October. I don't know why that was ever changed but it should go back. Why should we have Fla and LSU back-to-back and then KY and Vandy to end the season? Just a switch between 2 of those would give us a better chance.

Originally posted by utvolpj+Feb 20, 2005 3:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (utvolpj @ Feb 20, 2005 3:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-#10_Ainge_#10@Feb 20, 2005 11:59 AM

Actually the flip-flop should be putting the Bama game back on the 3rd Saturday in October. I don&#39;t know why that was ever changed but it should go back. Why should we have Fla and LSU back-to-back and then KY and Vandy to end the season? Just a switch between 2 of those would give us a better chance. [/quote]
Yep, I always liked the third Saturday in October.

Originally posted by milohimself+Feb 20, 2005 3:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself @ Feb 20, 2005 3:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-#10_Ainge_#10@Feb 20, 2005 8:59 AM

He said to flip only two teams. [/quote]
My bad LOL....I was on a roll :huh:

A lot of good suggestions here. Somebody tell the folks in charge of scheduling in the SEC.

I wonder if a lot of the scheduling has to do with TV rights, etc. :question:

I&#39;d like to see UF and UK get flip-flopped, but the Gators may not want to play UT and FSU back-to-back, so that probably won&#39;t happen.

I&#39;d rather see Vanndy-FLA flip. I like the late fall air of the KY-UT game.

I agree that the flip should be Vandy-Florida. However, it has been stated many times before that the &#036;EC won&#39;t put the Florida vs Tennessee game late in the season because of the potential for both to be in the BC&#036; bowls. With the game early, the loser still has a good chance of being in the BC&#036;... however, if the game were late in the season, the loser would have virtually no chance of getting in the BC&#036;. It&#39;s all about the &#036; with the &#036;EC.

Originally posted by GAVol@Feb 19, 2005 10:26 PM
Just for fun, let&#39;s make the Vandy game the annual season opener.  It would turn a ho-hum game into an event.

Thats the best idea I&#39;ve heard all day&#33; :good:

I would put LSU and UF last and UGA first.....I think UF and LSU will become worse as their seasons progress yet I expect UGA to start off slow and get better.

Originally posted by allvol@Feb 21, 2005 10:23 AM
I agree that the flip should be Vandy-Florida. However, it has been stated many times before that the &#036;EC won&#39;t put the Florida vs Tennessee game late in the season because of the potential for both to be in the BC&#036; bowls. With the game early, the loser still has a good chance of being in the BC&#036;... however, if the game were late in the season, the loser would have virtually no chance of getting in the BC&#036;. It&#39;s all about the &#036; with the &#036;EC.

another great point by mr. vol himself.

hey can i be ur assitant or sidekick or some **** like that?

Originally posted by U&#045;T@Feb 22, 2005 12:01 AM
I would put LSU and UF last and UGA first.....I think UF and LSU will become worse as their seasons progress yet I expect UGA to start off slow and get better.

UGA could lose their season opener...Boise State will be tough for them

VN Store

Back