Schadenfreude

LordBolton

I was reading through the Athlon SEC guide and noted that Cade Mays is not projected to start at UGA. Is it wrong that this amuses me? The only thing more pleasing would be if he has a long and storied career managing a Burger King, while his brother shows up here, surprises everyone and goes on to the NFL.

I was reading through the Athlon SEC guide and noted that Cade Mays is not projected to start at UGA. Is it wrong that this amuses me? The only thing more pleasing would be if he has a long and storied career managing a Burger King, while his brother shows up here, surprises everyone and goes on to the NFL.

It's petty and spiteful...and I'm all for it. :cool:

Petty

He’s only a sophomore and they probably have decent depth on their o line.

I personally wish him nothing but the worst...so no....I don’t see anything wrong with it

Reactions: davethevol
Deflect the bad karma towards Butch Jones. The shambles of the program pushed him away. Mays acted accordingly.

Reactions: tbh

You know what’s not amusing? The names Amari Rodgers, Tee Higgins, Trevor Lawrence and Hunter Johnson. I’m sure there are plenty to add to that list.

Reactions: Remy
And if his talent is anywhere close to his rep, he'd be a starter here already. His attitude obviously got in the way. He'll fizzle out and be long forgotten by the time he gets on the field there.

Didn't he start as a true freshman? If he's not starting, that means they have somebody better, which is not good for us.

Didn't he start as a true freshman? If he's not starting, that means they have somebody better, which is not good for us.
They started a true frosh and RS frosh on their OL of their SECC season when he signed. There was never going to be a lot of room for him to play unless there was going to be injuries. Young Mays and his family are about to find out his recruitment was much more about keeping him from us than getting him to play for them. He';s one of a bunch of sophomore OLs. Here's their projected OL for this season, 1s and 2s:

LT 71 Thomas, Andrew JR 77Mays, Cade SO
LG 66 Kindley, Solomon RS JR 69 Salyer, Jamaree SO
OC 55 Hill, Trey SO 69 Salyer, Jamaree SO
RG 74 Cleveland, Ben RS JR. 00 Webb, Clay FR
RT 79 Wilson, Isaiah RS SO 75 Condon, Owen RS FR

They obviously think a lot of Salyer and the Freshman Webb projecting him as a true freshman starter. Mays may start baring injury his senior year or he doesn't get recruited over in talent rich Georgia.

I was pretty sure he played a lot, but I guess it was probably due to injury? He'll likely end up with a lot of playing time again.

"2018: Played in 11 of 14 games, including starting assignments in seven...played in 75 percent of Georgia's offensive plays during SEC games. "

Cade Mays - 2019 - Football - University of Georgia Athletics
Yeah the guy in front of him got injured. Iirc injured guy was the same year as cade or maybe just a year older. Seems like he was their all important #6

VN Store

Back