Scary movie season

Tales of Halloween is on prime right now. Rewatching it now. Decent short movie anthology tied together sort of. If you haven’t seen it give it a watch. I’ll give it 7 🎃 of 10

I watched Critters Attack on SyFy the other day, it was just awful and not scary at all.

@BadJerry20
is visitor q worth the watch? I’ve heard it’s not really horror but more of his version of a comedy....which sounds awesome

Took a long time to get there. Next up for me is Haunt and Midsommar
Midsommar is a slow burn. Fairly predictable. But loved the filming and the sometimes subtle horror involved. I’m waiting for haunt to be free on shudder next week. Looks fun.

Have you seen the houses October built 2? The first one was ok enough, sequels most the time are a let down. Haven’t bothered to watch it yet.

Next for me is Fear Inc

Reactions: BadJerry20
Midsommar is a slow burn. Fairly predictable. But loved the filming and the sometimes subtle horror involved. I’m waiting for haunt to be free on shudder next week. Looks fun.

Have you seen the houses October built 2? The first one was ok enough, sequels most the time are a let down. Haven’t bothered to watch it yet.

Next for me is Fear Inc
I haven’t seen those. I’m not a big jump scare guy. I like psychological and serial killer movies mainly in this genre

Reactions: bigdaddy

Next for me is Fear Inc

Fear Inc is fun.

Reactions: bigdaddy
If you like obscure horror movies that are more psychological and not the standard slasher movie with tons of gore... "Chained" from 2012 with Vincent D'Onofrio (Pyle from Full Metal Jacket) is really good. It's about a serial killer cab driver (D'Onofrio) who abducts women and takes them to his house. One day he inadvertently takes in a woman who also has a young son with her. After killing the mother, he then raises the boy.

Other movies of this ilk, I also liked...
Frailty (2001)
Hereditary (2018)
Don't Breathe (2016)
The Girl Next Door (2007) ... This is obviously not the dumb comedy with Emile Hirsch and Elisha Cuthbert, but instead based on the true story of Sylvia Likens.

Last edited:
So we're coming up on Samhain so what are the nominations for best "scary" movies of the last 10 years or so? Maybe everybody can throw in their favorite classic but I'm wanting to hear more recent submissions. (hopefully some good ones I'm not even aware of)

For Halloween I always watch the movie of the same name and Trick 'r Treat.
The woman in black. Amazing.

I've seen most of the older ones listed. Have not seen Hellhouse LLC so might have to see that. Hadn't even heard of Tales of Halloween but have always liked a good anthology. Hadn't heard of The Devil's Candy either so that might warrant a look. I'd actually read King's Gerald's Game but hadn't heard they'd made a movie.

Thanks for the submissions guys.
Isnt tales of Halloween in amazon?

Been watching the series "Haunted" on Netflix. Not going to lie, some of the episodes have freaked me the **** out!

For Dallas. Asterisks by it means foreign language.

Horror/comedy
Mayhem is fun
You Might be The Killer (if you like this) Behind The Mask: Rise of Leslie Vernon
Deathgasm
Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama
Monster Party
Chopping Mall
Slumber Party Massacre 2
Boar
Black Christmas
Spookers
Demon Wind (so awful its good)
Todd and the Book of Pure Evil (series)

Underrated
The Canal