ptwkvjbrquz1rlyi6gbr

6'2" 195lbs
Blythewood, SC
(Blythewood)

Joshua Burrell, Blythewood, Wide Receiver
Joshua Burrell, 2021 Wide Receiver - Rivals
Joshua Burrell on Hudl

Reactions: RollerVol
The Head coach at Blythewood was my former OC in high school. Great coach and great guy, came from Hickory Ridge HS in NC. The receiver coach at Blythewood played under the head coach with me. I asked about this kid and he said he’s a modest kid who just works his tail off and doesn’t say a word... apparently he has a brother on team that’s just as good. Hope he ends up in Orange in a couple years.

Visited today for pool party...

After getting a scholarship offer from Tennessee more than six months ago, Joshua Burrell finally got a chance to take his first look at the Vols on Saturday. The four-star Class of 2021 wide receiver from Blythewood (S.C.) High School said Tennessee made a strong first impression on him Saturday during his visit for the Vols’ pool party, and he‘s already hoping to visit them again as early as this season.

“It was great — great facilities, great coaches,” said Burrell, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 129 overall prospect and No. 22 wide receiver in the 2021 class. “The cookout food was good. “Can’t wait to come back.”

The 6-foot-2, 208-pound Burrell was accompanied on the visit by his twin brother, three-star Class of 2021 safety Jordan Burrell, who has yet to receive an offer from Tennessee. The Vols extended an offer Joshua Burrell in January. He now holds offers from at least a dozen schools, including Nebraska, Penn State, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Louisville, Rutgers, Syracuse and Wake Forest.

After Saturday’s visit, Joshua Burrell said he “definitely” plans to make the trip Tennessee again. He said he’s intrigued by the Vols for multiple reasons. “What interests me is that the football program is only getting better,” Burrell said, “and they have some of the best facilities.”

Chris Rumph, the Vols’ outside linebackers coach and co-defensive coordinator, was among the coaches who talked with Burrell while he was on campus. “I spent most of my time with Coach Rumph,” Burrell said. “His message was to continue balling because football will take care of itself. He was very straightforward and telling us to enjoy the recruiting process and find the best fit.”

Burrell said he’s not sure when he might return to Tennessee, but he’s hoping to attend one of the Vols’ home games later this year. “If not for a game,” he said, “then after the season for sure.”

Nah, they've told a lot of kids to enjoy the process, especially the 2021 prospects.
Which is why I dont buy the narrative that CJP is upset with the recruiting by coaches on staff. Several recruits have been quoted as saying they've been told to watch the progress of the program.

Which is why I dont buy the narrative that CJP is upset with the recruiting by coaches on staff. Several recruits have been quoted as saying they've been told to watch the progress of the program.
Confidence is exuding from Pruitt. Why I think we win 9+ this year.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
"The Vols extended an offer Joshua Burrell in January. He now holds offers from at least a dozen schools, including Nebraska, Penn State, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Louisville, Rutgers, Syracuse and Wake Forest."

With some of the schools already going after him, I like that UT was his first offer. It may or may not matter in the end, but it's nice to see our coaches finding so many of these guys so early.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
"The Vols extended an offer Joshua Burrell in January. He now holds offers from at least a dozen schools, including Nebraska, Penn State, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Louisville, Rutgers, Syracuse and Wake Forest."

With some of the schools already going after him, I like that UT was his first offer. It may or may not matter in the end, but it's nice to see our coaches finding so many of these guys so early.
Just a matter of time before we’re all talking about the Tennessee Bump.

VN Store

Back