'21 SC WR JJ Jones (UNC commit)

#6

MoB_MoVols

EasyMoneySniper
Joined
Sep 7, 2011
Messages
2,165
Likes
5,291
#6
“It was good. I liked the campus and the whole facility was great,” Jones said. “The coaches were great. It was a good trip overall.” “They said they liked my film and they were going to continue to evaluate me," Jones said leaving campus Saturday night. "They are only going to sign two more receivers, so hopefully I make one of those spots. I feel like I’m in a good position right now.” When asked where the Vols would stand if offered, Jones was confident in his answer. “If that were to happen, they’d probably be at the top of the list of all the schools who have offered me,” Jones said. "It's definitely something I've been striving for and I finally got the offer now," Jones said Wednesday. "I'm just truly blessed."
“Recently it’s been caught up a lot. A lot of interest is growing lately,” Jones said. “We are going to continue to contact each other and grow a relationship with each other. “I like how coach Pruitt really, really loves this football team. He’s very fiery and invested into this team. He’s a leader and he’s someone you want in a coach.” “I’m still a little raw right now but I believe I can play here,” the 2021 prospect said. “They love that I come in with a defensive mindset and know strategically what both sides of the ball are about. They said that’s a big plus going my way.” Jones plans to be at North Carolina next weekend and somewhere else February 1. The receiver hopes to make another trip back to Rocky Top to take in a spring practice. “This is a historical program,” Jones said. “The way that this team came together this year and bonded together through their play, I believe this team has a very bright future. “I could definitely see myself being a Volunteer here. It’s a great school with great education.
-VQ
 
#10

sammy80

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2011
Messages
46
Likes
15
#10
SO we must be trying to catch lightning in a bottle and hit on a Julio type......because if I havn't missed something we have the wr Jones from Neb transfering in. the wr Jones from USC transfering in and now we are offering the wr Jones from SC......don't worry we also have a Johnson at wr if you were a megatron fan.
 
#11
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
30,176
Likes
72,426
#11
After getting his offer from the Vols almost three months ago, Jones told 247Sports' Steve Wiltfong that it was "a real big one for me." He also told GoVols247 at the time that Tennessee was "definitely up there, for sure,” on his list of college choices.

"I’d put them top-three," he said at the time, adding that “probably UNC, Tennessee and West Virginia” were the three schools standing out most to him.

The Vols now are facing more competition for him. But after making his first visit to Tennessee's campus in January, he made it clear that he was high on the Vols for multiple reasons, and he said he "definitely could see myself being a Volunteer here."

"This is a historical program," Jones said in January. "The way that this team was just brought together this year and the way they were able to play together as a team bonding, I believe that this team has a very bright future. …

"This is a great school, great education. That’s one of the main things, and I could definitely see myself playing football here for the next four years."

Jones, a former safety who's relatively new to playing wide receiver, said he was timed at 4.5 seconds in the 40-yard dash during a camp at Duke last summer. He said earlier this year that Tennessee was pursuing him because "they want a receiver who can catch the ball and score after the catch."

"They want a playmaker," he added, "and they said I’m a playmaker. … They said they love how I’ve got that defensive mentality, being able to play both sides, getting to know strategically both sides of the ball. They said that’s a big plus going my way."

The 247Sports Crystal Ball points to home-state school South Carolina as the favorite to land Jones, with the Gamecocks getting approximately 89 percent of the current predictions and the other 11 percent going to West Virginia.
247
 
#24

Geaux_Vols

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2016
Messages
3,402
Likes
25,623
#24
it must be insane to be a cruit and just tweet anything Tennessee or orange and receive hundreds of likes instantly

anytime they come near our program they have to feel the love
Yeah def a bunch of dudes going back through their phones to find the uni pics they took when they visited neyland the year before last and haven’t thought twice about since. Gotta get the clout while the gettin’s good.
 

VN Store




Sponsors
 

Top