‘23 SC WR Devin Hyatt (Arizona)

Who is gonna give him NIL money if he’s not good enough to get a scholarship?

Spyre if coach winks at them and thinks a few bucks can get us a scholly level player player OUR STAFF values with potential while not eating up one of our 85 counters. It is ALL based on our staff's evaluation. Did he really fall off a cliff or do they think IMG has mismanaged him this year. Sometimes there are just bad fits. Do they believe he can have a turnaround like his brother from last year to this year? Lots of potentials, very few knowns. They would not be making a sympathy offer but like the value proposition. I personally don't want to be around this board if we don't pursue him in some realistic way and he sets the world of fire elsewhere in a year or two. Shocking to know we have some on here who will talk out of both sides of their keyboards.

It will all depend on how he values his solid committable offers as we approach signing day. Bet we can get some inside info on their thought processes. It would be better if he was given a chance to light it up at IMG down the stretch and change all his dynamics. Just not likely.

Spyre if coach winks at them and thinks a few bucks can get us a scholly level player player OUR STAFF values with potential while not eating up one of our 85 counters. It is ALL based on our staff's evaluation. Did he really fall off a cliff or do they think IMG has mismanaged him this year. Sometimes there are just bad fits. Do they believe he can have a turnaround like his brother from last year to this year? Lots of potentials, very few knowns. They would not be making a sympathy offer but like the value proposition. I personally don't want to be around this board if we don't pursue him in some realistic way and he sets the world of fire elsewhere in a year or two. Shocking to know we have some on here who will talk out of both sides of their keyboards.

It will all depend on how he values his solid committable offers as we approach signing day. Bet we can get some inside info on their thought processes. It would be better if he was given a chance to light it up at IMG down the stretch and change all his dynamics. Just not likely.

Doubtful the coaches would want to dip into the NIL pot for a guy they don’t value enough to give a scholarship.

And it was said over the summer that he would need to have a big year for the staff to pursue. He has not.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Doubtful the coaches would want to dip into the NIL pot for a guy they don’t value enough to give a scholarship.

And it was said over the summer that he would need to have a big year for the staff to pursue. He has not.

Exactly what is the staff's current assessment of this player and his handling at IMG? Hard to have a big year if they do not feature you. Does our staff just think it is a bad fit? Do they simply revert to their evaluations at the start of the year? Could he be the 4th best receiver on that team and still be a quality SEC player? IF we are interested, we might be able to get an NIL bargain. You still want to keep a realistic dialog with the brother and the family for obvious reasons.

It is of course possible that the family would not want him to come here due to the comparison deal that is often not kind to the second kid. It is also possible that after a year down there that they would REALLY value him playing for our coaches and would do so not for free but a bargain with the opportunity to fast track to a full ride. Lots of moving parts, all keyed on our evaluations which will be kept close to the vest.

Spillman situation is opposite of the Hyatt situation. There’s no reason to offer someone because their brother is playing well and already on the team
I’d try to keep Jalin happy if at all possible considering he looks like the future of our offense. Getting the older brother to get the higher touted younger brother could also work in reverse- get the younger bro to keep older bro, in this case a very important player to us, happy.

Even if he’s not scholly worthy, We’d prob be in a unique situation to offer him NIL money. I.e a Hyatt brothers commercial for idk, fast internet or something. Such a novelty wouldn’t be a available to him elsewhere.

He could go to a smaller school and have a chance to shine and have no interest in being here, but the family appeared to be all Vol when Jalin signed. And who knows? Maybe he’s underrated. Went to a new school and it appears to be a bad decision, but we’ll see. He has a year to prove himself.

Interesting conversation anyway.

Reactions: bluegrasser
vince-lombardi-coach.gif

Reactions: Tennessee Golfer
Sorry I asked, I should have known better , I haven’t seen a thread on him. I will not ask any more stupid questions over here, excuse me for being so stupid

Sorry I asked, I should have known better , I haven’t seen a thread on him. I will not ask any more stupid questions over here, excuse me for being so stupid

He hasn’t been playing much at IMG. It seems to be the consensus that transferring to IMG was a bad decision in hindsight.

And don’t take the ribbing too seriously. RF regulars like to keep the RF neat and tidy, unlike the FF, where every random thought seems to get its own thread. It’s all in good fun.

Welcome to the RF, btw, in case this is your first venture over here. Stay awhile. Snacks are on the table over there and drinks are in the cooler.

His decision to go to IMG was bad, not sure why people are dogging him. He was good last year and all the sudden turned bad? My view is he might be a project, but didn’t all the sudden turn out bad. Depending on needs, should be worth the risk

His decision to go to IMG was bad, not sure why people are dogging him. He was good last year and all the sudden turned bad? My view is he might be a project, but didn’t all the sudden turn out bad. Depending on needs, should be worth the risk
The problem was he wasn’t good last year. He dropped significantly last year because he wasn’t impressive

The problem was he wasn’t good last year. He dropped significantly last year because he wasn’t impressive

That's fine. He may well not be worth pursuing.

But sitting behind Tate, Winton, and the Soph. who's committed to A&M, doesn't mean he's trash. Those are good players. He might be more of a group of 5 player but seeing what Jalin has become I think he's worth keeping in contact with at the least.

Reactions: bobbyutvol

VN Store

Back