‘23 SC WR Devin Hyatt (Arizona)

Sometimes going to IMG isn’t the best decision. It is for some but it ain’t for everyone. Go from the feature guy to a guy in the shadow whether it’s fair or not
It was a very confusing decision period.
Because he hadn't really become the featured guy at Dutch Fork yet, either.

He really should have stayed or just go to another school in South Carolina.
OR...Move to the same area his brother play college in👍.

Go play Chattanooga McCallie or Alcoa.
But i guess it's too late maybe

Reactions: you and HalfullVol
I still want him in our class.
I think if we're getting tight on our WR board the biggest things he brings to the table is he's a known commodity to the staff,they know the family and what they're getting. And I'm sure this omg experience has been eye opening so is venture to say he's gonna be humbled and motivated.

I still want him in our class.

Do you think it is possible the family has been approached about an NIL "shirt" till a spot opens up next cycle? Still only have one destination for both sons, share an apartment, etc? He gets a PWO slot. Could even give brother the NIL money wink, wink if that is a problem. Just keep everything low profile. The ole really excited about this PWO speech and all.

Reactions: sjt18
Do you think it is possible the family has been approached about an NIL "shirt" till a spot opens up next cycle? Still only have one destination for both sons, share an apartment, etc? He gets a PWO slot. Could even give brother the NIL money wink, wink if that is a problem. Just keep everything low profile. The ole really excited about this PWO speech and all.

He’ll get more attention after ESD. Maybe not from UT but there will be good programs who miss on WR targets.

He’ll get more attention after ESD. Maybe not from UT but there will be good programs who miss on WR targets.

Just don't know where their hearts are. Worse things than having kids at two different schools, but sure can complicate Saturdays. Alternating games or dividing up one to each etc can be costly and who wants to make Mom drive and fend for herself. My often not so sharp memory seems to remember Dad having great things to say about our staff first time around.

They may want to have him hang on till after one of the signing days to see how brother is trending here. If not happy package them to another school with ONE TIME in play. If bad handwriting is on the wall early pull the plug and redshirt. Would hate that and I am really hoping big bro turns into a stat leader this season. This has to have crossed everybody that is involved mind. If this is redundant on the board I apologize.

I think if we're getting tight on our WR board the biggest things he brings to the table is he's a known commodity to the staff,they know the family and what they're getting. And I'm sure this omg experience has been eye opening so is venture to say he's gonna be humbled and motivated.
Don't forget we have a five star committed Bru McCoy

This will be one of those guys that we don’t take and will light us up everytime we play him.

Irmo (S.C.) IMG Academy four-star wideout Devin Hyatt had a plan for this summer than ended with him announcing a commitment.

That has changed.

Hyatt previously told On3 Director of Recruiting Chad Simmons he was planning on taking all official visits to his top four schools this summer with thr goal of committing before the season. He had even scheduled an official to South Carolina.

But he has now told Simmons he will take his official visits during the football season.

“Top 4 still the same as of now but I’m also still open to other schools,” Hyatt said.

That top four consists of Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee.

Hyatt is the No. 317 overall recruit and No. 49 wide receiver in the 2023 cycle, according to the On3 Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies.

He currently has an On3 NIL Valuation of $20k. The On3 NIL Valuation is an index that looks to set the standard market value for both high school and college-level athletes. The NIL valuation does not act as a tracker of the value of NIL deals an athlete has completed to date. It rather signifies an athlete’s value at a certain moment in time

Translates 2 not a take

Any updates on our interactions with this kid. Has he had a chance to attend his brother's games this season? I would have to think we would have continued our evaluations on his abilities as HIS season has progressed. Our staff's evaluations are the only one's I am interested in. Do we take advantage of our up close and personal with the growth and improvement on the field out of the same gene pool?

I will go with the staff's and potentially Sprye's decision processes on what if anything to offer, and the kid and his family's decision processes as well. His brother has made it plain he appreciates our staff staying with him through leaner times and early returns this season have been pretty significant. I officially have not a clue.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
If his brother continues to put up all-league performances does it change the pursuit (or lack thereof) of Devin by the staff?

VN Store

Back