‘23 SC WR Devin Hyatt (Arizona)

Or running the same offense.
And those offenses weren't all the same.

My point is, Kentucky has produced WRs.

Devin should be glad an SEC school has even looked at him much less offer.
He literally hasn't done anything in high school and he's about to be a SR.

I'd argue your post proves the opposite. I had to lookup all but Cobb, and despite the fact some of them barely qualify as NFL players, the list goes all the way back to 99. That's 6 guys in 23 years. Assuming they recruited 2.5 per class, they'd have had turned 57 guys into 6 NFL receivers. I'd say it's a better description that Kentucky has lucked into some NFL receivers than it has produced them.

Off the top of my head in that time range UT has had:
Hunter
Price
Jones
Patterson
Callaway
Jennings
Malone

and I'm probably missing 5-10 more...

Reactions: sjt18
I'd argue your post proves the opposite. I had to lookup all but Cobb, and despite the fact some of them barely qualify as NFL players, the list goes all the way back to 99. That's 6 guys in 23 years. Assuming they recruited 2.5 per class, they'd have had turned 57 guys into 6 NFL receivers. I'd say it's a better description that Kentucky has lucked into some NFL receivers than it has produced them.

Hunter
Price
Jones
Patterson
Callaway
Jennings
Malone

maybe the best VOL NFL receivers in that era are
Stallworth and
Meachem

Hunter
Price
Jones
Patterson
Callaway
Jennings
Malone

Denarius Moore

Last edited:
So for real If Benson is Bama. Then do we circle back here for our fourth WR (assuming Leacock and Seldon are 2/3)

I don't understand the narrative about schools producing all these wide receivers. Sure, the players went to those schools, but the coaching staffs are the ones developing the players, and coaches bounce around everywhere. I could understand if you had staffs intact for years on end but that isn't the case.

VN Store

Back