‘23 SC WR Devin Hyatt (Arizona)

Hyatt plays on the outside at Dutch Fork High School, but because of his speed, he works in the slot when he attends camps. The younger brother of current Vols receiver Jalin Hyatt admits that Jalin probably has a step on him, but is quick to point out that by the time his senior year rolls around, he’ll be faster.

“With him being my older brother, I was at every game, always worked out with him, so we’re going to have our similarities,” Hyatt said. “I’ve always looked up to him and he’s taught me everything he knew. Route running wise, I feel like we’re the same, but he’s a little bit lighter than me. You can say we play alike, but we’ve got different body types. I’m taller than him, so I feel like I’m a little more physical, where he’s more of the true slot receiver.”

Hyatt currently holds offers from Coastal Carolina, Florida State, Oregon, South Carolina, Virginia Tech and the Vols. The list will continue to grow, as he’s eyeing camps at Alabama, Clemson and Georgia, three schools that are expressing interest through his head coach.

Naturally, the younger Hyatt is linked to Tennessee simply because of his brother. While there’s interest in the Vols from Hyatt, he’s focused on making a decision that is best for him.

“Any time I show up to Tennessee, I’m coming as a brother, as a family member to watch my brother play,” Hyatt said. “Jalin told me himself, ‘I’m not telling you to not come, or to come to Tennessee, but to go to where you feel is the best place for you.’

“If Tennessee happens to be the best place for me, then I’ll go to Tennessee. If not, then I won’t go to Tennessee. I’m my own person.”

Although Hyatt will be surveying all options, he’ll be keeping a close eye on the new offense that Josh Heupel has brought to Knoxville.

“That is one thing I do like about Tennessee,” Hyatt said of Heupel’s offense. “I’ll be watching this season to see how they throw the ball.”
-VQ

Rivals.com - Rivals Camp Series: The top offensive performers in Atlanta

Much like his brother and current Tennessee Volunteer Jalin, Hyatt has outstanding speed and can really pull away from defenders in the open field. He is a little bit taller and longer than his older brother and seemed to play with a little more strength at the same stage. Hyatt beat defenders using a combination of his explosiveness and solid route-running skills. His hands were fairly reliable, especially on routes down the field. There are a lot of teams involved in Hyatt's recruitment, but it's safe to say Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina are very involved.

It sounds like this guy may be better than his brother

Last edited:
For the record like I’ve said before Devin was on our boards he is a better receiver than his Brother. He is a must get.
Why does he have to be better? He's different. Jalin is faster, a slot receiver. Devin is bigger and stronger, an outside receiver. They can both be elite.

This one will be over especially if Jalin Hyatt has a monster sophomore and junior year.
I would have thought the same for the Ridley brothers but they ended up playing against one another... I’m not holding my breath because at the end of the day he only gets one year probably with his brother before Jalin goes pro.

For the record like I’ve said before Devin was on our boards he is a better receiver than his Brother. He is a must get.

Jalin had a pretty good season as a high school Sophomore.
Superior to what Devin did this past season.

But Antonio Williams is also a 4 star WR and is a grade ahead of Devin. He took the bulk of the touches. ( Need him too!!)

I'm not sure who's more talented of the brothers. I don't know if you can over throw Jalin his field speed is so great. Devin is going to be 6'1 205 running 4.4. AND a great route runner.

“Devin is a talent,” Barnes said. “The God-given talent that he has, his momma and his daddy just put some things into him that you can’t coach. He’s big, 185 pounds. He’s strong. He’s mean and he’s a 4.3 guy, stuff like that. He still has to work on his hands. He still fights the ball a little bit. It’ll come. When I was in 10th grade, I dropped the ball all over the place.

“He’s going to be amazing though. His route running has come around. His confidence is shooting through the roof at the right time. He’s going to have a real big season for us.”
“Devin is a Hyatt and Hyatts can fly. Devin does a lot of great things. His hands have improved tremendously. He’s worked hard on his route running. He’s a tall receiver and he’s already got great offers. He’s a Hyatt. He can stretch the field, plus he can run a good route, good stop on the outside. He’s not afraid to catch a dig across the middle.”

Jalin Hyatt, Devin’s older brother, is entering his second season at Tennessee.

“They’re not alike at all,” Barnes said. “Jalin was more - you couldn’t even touch him on the field, whereas Devin, he wants you to come try to touch him. He has that physicality that is just not normal at that age.”
-McGranahan

VN Store

Back