‘23 SC WR Devin Hyatt (Arizona)

Kind of surprised that UVA isn’t really a factor. I would think they would be above VT. Hopefully we get Seldon. Dude is a stud.

You obviously don't know a lot about Virginia...Va. Tech and UVA is Virginia's version of Tennessee and Vanderbilt. UVA isn't on Tech's level in many sports, especially football.

You obviously don't know a lot about Virginia...Va. Tech and UVA is Virginia's version of Tennessee and Vanderbilt. UVA isn't on Tech's level in many sports, especially football.
Wouldn't say that exactly. Virginia's baseball team won the CWS a few years back. Men's basketball team won the NCAA championship in 2019. And, in case you haven't noticed, Va Tech's football team isn't lighting the woods on fire these days. Why do you think Hendon Hooker is with us?

The qb isnt good enought to get off his first progression is what I have been told and Tate is targeted 95% of the time. That said take with grains of salt I haven't seen then personally. The injury could certainly be a problem. Will have to see how he does this season.

200.gif

Odd to me how If you read back in the early several pages of this thread there was all this talk about how elite Devin was. Up to the beginning of this last season he was ranked in the top 100 players in the country. 4.3 kid, more physical than his brother and all the big schools were after him.

He has a down year after transferring to IMG and I think he was even injured - and now suddenly he’s not a take anywhere anymore?

Doesn’t make sense.

I sincerely hope he ends up in our class because I still think he’s gonna be very good.

Odd to me how If you read back in the early several pages of this thread there was all this talk about how elite Devin was. Up to the beginning of this last season he was ranked in the top 100 players in the country. 4.3 kid, more physical than his brother and all the big schools were after him.

He has a down year after transferring to IMG and I think he was even injured - and now suddenly he’s not a take anywhere anymore?

Doesn’t make sense.

I sincerely hope he ends up in our class because I still think he’s gonna be very good.
Didn't make a catch at the img spring game. . .
South Carolina mod thinks he needs to be at the 85 range

I am gonna be honest here. I want Mizell more than Tate.
I think Mizell is more of a big play WR but Tate seems like a more reliable WR that can get open and has dependable hands. We need a WR like that to slow our offense down at times so the defense can get a break. At some point we’re going to have to string together TD drives that aren’t 6-7 plays long that can chew up 2-3 minutes off the clock

LOL, UVA has won the men's NCAAT in 2019 in and the CWS in 2015, for starters. IIRC, UVA also won this year's men's tennis NCAAT. What has VT won?

Doesn’t make sense.

That is why hyping up a sophomore in high school is an exercise in stupidity. Way too young to know how they will develop. Kid still could be great but who the hell knows.

Irmo (S.C.) IMG Academy four-star wideout Devin Hyatt had a plan for this summer than ended with him announcing a commitment.

That has changed.

Hyatt previously told On3 Director of Recruiting Chad Simmons he was planning on taking all official visits to his top four schools this summer with thr goal of committing before the season. He had even scheduled an official to South Carolina.

But he has now told Simmons he will take his official visits during the football season.

“Top 4 still the same as of now but I’m also still open to other schools,” Hyatt said.

That top four consists of Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee.

Hyatt is the No. 317 overall recruit and No. 49 wide receiver in the 2023 cycle, according to the On3 Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies.

He currently has an On3 NIL Valuation of $20k. The On3 NIL Valuation is an index that looks to set the standard market value for both high school and college-level athletes. The NIL valuation does not act as a tracker of the value of NIL deals an athlete has completed to date. It rather signifies an athlete’s value at a certain moment in time

Translates 2 not a take

VN Store

Back