'19 SC WR/DB Kenney Solomon (Tennessee signee)

Here is a possible solution. When he gets on campus at some point he will run the 40. The coaches will know at that time how fast he is and how to utilize his speed. Just a thought.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Here's a link to a bleacher report article that list the 10 fastest players in CFB. I'm sure it's not 100 percent accurate and not ever player is taken into consideration and depending on the player it list 100 meter times, 40 times, or 60 meter times. You can see though that 10.7 100 meter is viewed as elite speed for a football player.

10 Fastest Players in College Football in 2019

You completely missed the point.

Truthfully, there never was a real point from your side, because your opinion is based off pure scepticism...

You didn't even think to translate the 10.7 (official time) to what his 40 might be.
He's clearly faster than anyone else in the field in his tape yet you somehow assume that speed couldn't be any better than 4.45...

Because football players just don't do that- "HIGHLY UNLIKELY" anyways...

Roman Harrison winning weight lifting state and this guy winning track meets shows that this staff can find athletes without the help of recruiting services.

They still use "recruiting services". But the coaching staff is obviously the deciding council on each player. Even with all of their analysts and GAs, assistants , etc... they simply can't recruit where they need to all the way. So many games to travel to and film to watch.
All the while you have to coach and prepare the guys you do have. The scouts work directly with coaching staffs and sometimes feed the recruitng sites (247, Rivals, ESPN). I was a scout in the southeast Texas area and coastal NC for 4 years and it's non-stop gig. And you don't make enough...soon enough. It's non-stop so the need for scouts is greater than ever!

I don't know any of Pruitt's extended team, but they are very very good!
Roman Harrison and Kenney Solomon are both impact guys with speed who were ridiculously light recruited.
I'm still scratching my head that Kirby Smart let a guy like Harrison get away UNCHALLENGED. Didn't even recruit him...

Reactions: T Dog
They still use "recruiting services". But the coaching staff is obviously the deciding council on each player. Even with all of their analysts and GAs, assistants , etc... they simply can't recruit where they need to all the way. So many games to travel to and film to watch.
All the while you have to coach and prepare the guys you do have. The scouts work directly with coaching staffs and sometimes feed the recruitng sites (247, Rivals, ESPN). I was a scout in the southeast Texas area and coastal NC for 4 years and it's non-stop gig. And you don't make enough...soon enough. It's non-stop so the need for scouts is greater than ever!

I don't know any of Pruitt's extended team, but they are very very good!
Roman Harrison and Kenney Solomon are both impact guys with speed who were ridiculously light recruited.
I'm still scratching my head that Kirby Smart let a guy like Harrison get away UNCHALLENGED. Didn't even recruit him...
Can you post the letter or email not in crayon saying you were a hired scout?

Reactions: benholt06
Kid is going to be a stud once he enters Pruitt & Ansley's school of defensive backs.

I wonder if he ends up playing WR. I think either him or Harris end up at WR since we have so many upper classmen leaving and we've only taken two receivers in the past two cycles (Keyton and Tillman).

I wonder if he ends up playing WR. I think either him or Harris end up at WR since we have so many upper classmen leaving and we've only taken two receivers in the past two cycles (Keyton and Tillman).

Doubtful.

We need depth and talent at CB just as badly.
In 2020 we'll have this at WR
- Palmer 6'2" 205 SR
- Gibbs 6' 2" 210 RS JR
- Murphy 6'0" 185 SR
- Keyton 6'3 200 SO
- Tillman 6'3 220 RS SO
- Jones 5'11 175 RS JR
- Means 6'2" 215 RS FR
- Jarret 6'1 205 FR *
- Williams 6'0" 190 FR*
- Turner 6'3" 215 FR*

Reactions: yourstruly23
Tennessee has already timed him and the Means kid from Georgia . Both camped at Tennessee last summer. They know exactly what kind of speed they are getting with both kids .

Reactions: LittleVol
Tennessee has already timed him and the Means kid from Georgia . Both camped at Tennessee last summer. They know exactly what kind of speed they are getting with both kids .
Yep!

Both kids can flat out run.
I really wish we had given Means teammate a harder look. The other WR.

Doubtful.

We need depth and talent at CB just as badly.
In 2020 we'll have this at WR
- Palmer 6'2" 205 SR
- Gibbs 6' 2" 210 RS JR
- Murphy 6'0" 185 SR
- Keyton 6'3 200 SO
- Tillman 6'3 220 RS SO
- Jones 5'11 175 RS JR
- Means 6'2" 215 RS FR
- Jarret 6'1 205 FR *
- Williams 6'0" 190 FR*
- Turner 6'3" 215 FR*

God bless America I'm gonna miss Jauan so much.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back