'19 SC WR/DB Kenney Solomon (Tennessee signee)

It was laser timed.

And he clocked at 23 mph....

Hurd played injured more than anyone on here knows...
Any source on that actually being laser timed other than one fuzzy video taken from far away and a tweet?

Plenty of kids run laser timed 40s in HS that don’t reflect their true speed. The Nike camps are infamous for hyping up kids running 4.4s who turn into 4.55 guys by the time they run at a combine or pro day.

Edit: I’ve always thought Hurd is a great athlete, but at TN and Baylor he’s never had straight up outrun everybody on the field speed. Hard to understand how anybody who’s seen him play in college could think he was ever a sub 4.4 guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: StoVol
Who in the world cares if this kid runs a legit 4.36 40 or not. He obviously has better speed than the majority of football players, and it's sure as hell faster than any one of us on this site can run.

Put this to bed for God's sake. This is one of the dumbest arguments I've seen on here, and that's saying something.

Any source on that actually being laser timed other than one fuzzy video taken from far away and a tweet?

Plenty of kids run laser timed 40s in HS that don’t reflect their true speed. The Nike camps are infamous for hyping up kids running 4.4s who turn into 4.55 guys by the time they run at a combine or pro day.

Edit: I’ve always thought Hurd is a great athlete, but at TN and Baylor he’s never had straight up outrun everybody on the field speed. Hard to understand how anybody who’s seen him play in college could think he was ever a sub 4.4 guy.
Only thing I seent getting lasered was that darned cat.
3-LzwRp3e.gif

Swap "Polynesian" with "West Coast" if it makes you feel better. :rolleyes:
What???? Hahaha.

Buddy, West Coast is still American demographics. More diverse than most of the rest of the country save the big east coast cities.

A lot more than just Polynesians there haha

The West Coast (and I'll throw AZ and NV I the mix as well) is a bit like the Southeast, in that it's a recruiting hotbed, but you have your subregions where you can focus your recruiting efforts because the player pool is so deep in these areas. There's so much talent available, the home schools with natural recruiting footprints can't take them all, and local kids aren't always going to be a good fit.

A perfect example example of this we saw this recruiting cycle is Toot. Home schools would be Cal and Stanford. Stanford wasn't a fit from the start, and Cal got thrown out of the running quickly. Ended up as a recruiting battle against UW, the Gumps, and the good guys won in the end. Same thing with Wanya as well. UGA and GT were the local schools, and never serious candidates (UGA because of depth chart, and GT becuause just lol no). Good guys beat the barners there.

I really like the way Pruitt has the recruitng territories divided up regionally. Our staff knows what's important to these kids because we're leveraging years of success receuiting and developing kids, so we can send guys like Tee, Ansley, Neids, and Pruitt anywhere in the country and close the deal. We have some of the best closers in the business, and we haven't been able to recruit like this since the glory days under coach Fulmer. I can't wait to hear the complaining when we start regularly beating UGA, Bama, and Clemson especially for coveted blue chip recruits

Who in the world cares if this kid runs a legit 4.36 40 or not. He obviously has better speed than the majority of football players, and it's sure as hell faster than any one of us on this site can run.

Put this to bed for God's sake. This is one of the dumbest arguments I've seen on here, and that's saying something.

Comparing Solomon's speed to the speed of posters on this board is the dumbest argument I've seen. We hope for recruits who are better than just the "majority of football players." Who cares if he runs a legit 4.36 40? Posters on this board. Duh

Comparing Solomon's speed to the speed of posters on this board is the dumbest argument I've seen. We hope for recruits who are better than just the "majority of football players." Who cares if he runs a legit 4.36 40? Posters on this board. Duh
You get the point I was making. I made the point about the speed of the posters on this board to be facetious.

Glad you got the joke there.

Reactions: peaygolf
No offense but I don’t trust a single HS 40 time unless a verified laser timed.

I’ve been a HS athlete. I’d quicker trust the political opinion of a flying squirrel before a self reported 40
I've never heard the phrase "the political opinion of a flying squirrel" before. That's fantastic. Hope you don't mind me stealing that for every day use now.

VN Store

Back