'19 SC WR/DB Kenney Solomon (Tennessee signee)

Blue-shirt at first...
Blueshirts receive scholarships at their time of enrollment. This situation smacks more of a grayshirt where you enroll in January and receive a scholarship. Devaun Swafford was slated to do that but enrolled and played instead. Paid his own way but received his scholarship later in the year. I think Solomon is stating that he was always bound for a scholarship so he never was a traditional walk-on.

Blueshirts receive scholarships at their time of enrollment. This situation smacks more of a grayshirt where you enroll in January and receive a scholarship. Devaun Swafford was slated to do that but enrolled and played instead. Paid his own way but received his scholarship later in the year. I think Solomon is stating that he was always bound for a scholarship so he never was a traditional walk-on.

You're right...

Greyshirts are no longer a thing, blue shirts are still a thing but still less common because of the 25 limit
Where is it stated that greyshirts are null and void? They’re not common, but I don’t think they’ve been eliminated.

VN Store

Back