SC Te'a Cooper now in transfer portal

From yesterday:

The Lady Bears returned to campus for the Summer Session and no sign of Cooper. These Summer Sessions are important for team bonding and chemistry. Cloe Jackson used last summer to bond with her new teammates and demonstrated her leadership ability...so much so that Mulkey had no problem with showing Alexis Morris the door and handing the team's fortunes to Jackson.

If Baylor and Cooper have actually cut ties, I hope Kim uses that scholarship to pursue Erin DeGrate hard and heavy to solidify the low post position.

Note: At about the 7 second mark of the video Lauren Cox is moving quite well without a knee brace.

Last edited:
From June 9th:

It's looking less likely to me that Cooper will be coming to Baylor...or play basketball again. More on this in the following post.

Honestly, I don't think anyone is interested in adding a toxic person to their program. Lightening rarely strikes the same place twice, but no matter where she has gone, she has had trouble with coaches/teammates and disciplinary problems. I wouldn't add her to my team in a million years. She thinks she's something special, but she's essentially just below average shooter with a bad attitude. Not a great passer, turns the ball over a lot and plays hero ball any chance she gets. She has some good qualities, but she refuses to follow direction and play within a system, so she is useless in terms of a team sport.

Honestly, I don't think anyone is interested in adding a toxic person to their program. Lightening rarely strikes the same place twice, but no matter where she has gone, she has had trouble with coaches/teammates and disciplinary problems. I wouldn't add her to my team in a million years. She thinks she's something special, but she's essentially just below average shooter with a bad attitude. Not a great passer, turns the ball over a lot and plays hero ball any chance she gets. She has some good qualities, but she refuses to follow direction and play within a system, so she is useless in terms of a team sport.
I agree with you. Can't imagine any coach needing a prima donna. If Dawn couldn't fix her, probably no coach can fix her attitude. Interesting that when she was recruited to TN, I posted that it was a great loss to lose Crystal Dangerfield out of state. Several Volnation posters blasted me, one even called me stupid, for thinking Dangerfield was better than Cooper. They said Tea' Cooper is a much better point guard than Dangerfield. It was balony then just like it's balony now. If we had to take Cooper to get DeShields I thought that might be a valid reason to take Cooper. But that didn't work out either. Wish I remembered what jerk called me stupid over that! I'd PM him your post. 😋

I agree with you. Can't imagine any coach needing a prima donna. If Dawn couldn't fix her, probably no coach can fix her attitude. Interesting that when she was recruited to TN, I posted that it was a great loss to lose Crystal Dangerfield out of state. Several Volnation posters blasted me, one even called me stupid, for thinking Dangerfield was better than Cooper. They said Tea' Cooper is a much better point guard than Dangerfield. It was balony then just like it's balony now. If we had to take Cooper to get DeShields I thought that might be a valid reason to take Cooper. But that didn't work out either. Wish I remembered what jerk called me stupid over that! I'd PM him your post. 😋

I do truly believe Diamond was worth it. She is a rare talent and a phenomenal athlete. She has some attitude problems herself, but at least she's super talented. Holly just didn't know what to do with her which was frustrating.

I too always felt Cooper was over-rated she has always been a low percentage, high volume shooter with a bad attitude. I remember people saying she was better than Crystal and that Dangerfield was making a mistake. I didn't agree with them then either, and they were clearly incorrect. I don't feel like Crystal has been all she was predicted to be either, but shes 10x the PG Te'a will ever be because she actually listens to her coaches. If Cooper would take 5 fewer bad shots per game and make 5 good passes instead she would be much better. Dawn was clearly frustrated with her all season and when asked by reporters about her she pretty much dodged the questions. I wouldn't be surprised if other coaches asked Dawn about her and she was perfectly honest about how she feels which would make it really tough for Cooper to find another quality P5 school to take her.

Ya, looks like u been having bad luck.

I see ya clearly got the message on me putting you in your place in that other post though and you didn’t didn’t try to be disrespectful again LOL.

So we are good because you knew when to shut up!

I see ya clearly got the message on me putting you in your place in that other post though and you didn’t didn’t try to be disrespectful again LOL.

So we are good because you knew when to shut up!

Hahaha I'm here workingout u wana join?

"sisaq, post: 16853874, member: 67521"]Hahaha I'm here workingout u wana join?[/QUOTE]

Nope I’m good I went in earlier this morning to be able to start my day! But I’m glad we have a clear understanding okkkkkk 😂😂😂 LOL

Reactions: sisaq
Let Te’a live her life and do as she pleases. Hating on others is not a good look. She is a young lady that will need to live to learn as she doesn’t seem to care.

Exactly! I think she would have been a grad transfer which means she received her degree. Good for her! She used basketball as an avenue to better herself and gain education it seems.

I do truly believe Diamond was worth it. She is a rare talent and a phenomenal athlete. She has some attitude problems herself, but at least she's super talented. Holly just didn't know what to do with her which was frustrating.

I too always felt Cooper was over-rated she has always been a low percentage, high volume shooter with a bad attitude. I remember people saying she was better than Crystal and that Dangerfield was making a mistake. I didn't agree with them then either, and they were clearly incorrect. I don't feel like Crystal has been all she was predicted to be either, but shes 10x the PG Te'a will ever be because she actually listens to her coaches. If Cooper would take 5 fewer bad shots per game and make 5 good passes instead she would be much better. Dawn was clearly frustrated with her all season and when asked by reporters about her she pretty much dodged the questions. I wouldn't be surprised if other coaches asked Dawn about her and she was perfectly honest about how she feels which would make it really tough for Cooper to find another quality P5 school to take her.

I think Dangerfield is one of the top PGs in the country. Last year her A/TO was 3.1. Scoring (13.4 ppg last year) probably keeps her from getting the recognition she deserves. Most important is her progression. She had 114 assists/6.1ppg as a frosh, 140assists/2,7ppg as a soph and 225 assists/13.4ppg last year. I don't think she would have developed the same way under CHW.

Ah, OK then:

Players lost to transfers:

2019-20: Herbert-Harrigan, Cooper, Jackson, Williams
2018-19: Victoria Patrick
2017-18: Araion Bradshaw
2016-17: Jatarie White, Kaydra Duckett, Shay Colley
2015-16: none
2014-15: none

Players gained:

2019-20: Aliyah Boston, Zia Cooke, Laeticia Amihere, Brianna Beal, Olivia Thompson
2018-19: Destanni Henderson, Victaria Saxton, Elysa Wesolek, Nelly Perry
2017-18: Te'a Cooper, Bianca Jackson, Lele Grissett, LaDazhia Williams
2016-17: Ty Harris, Araion Bradshaw, Kiki Herbert-Harrigan, Victoria Patrick
2015-16: Kaela Davis, Alisha Grey, Alexis Jennings, Shay Colley, Sarah Imovbioh
2014-15: A'ja Wilson, Jatarie White, Bianca Cuevas-Moore, Kaydra Duckett, Doniyah Cliney,

I count 9 of 27 (33%)....

Herbert Harrigan did not transfer out, she will be a senior on Dawn's team this coming season.

VN Store

Back