'22 SC OLB Jaylen Sneed (Notre Dame commit)

“They called my coaches last week and I was able to then be a part of the conversation,” the Hilton Head, S.C. native said. “It went well, and they offered me. It was coach [Shelton] Felton who called. “He said he’s been watching my film and likes the way I play. He said I was very explosive off the line and discussed how I could be used in their defense.” Sneed stands in at 6-foot-2 and 205 pounds. The rising junior plays outside linebacker in a 4-3 system but noted Tennessee views him as more of an edge presence in its 3-4 based scheme.
“Coach Felton said he likes my versatility and that I have good potential. I just need to gain some more weight to where I could maybe play both, but I’d still be able to go out in coverage off the edge. I think it would be a fun position to play in that defense.”The 2022 Vols target has 16 offers as of now and is surprised by the early interest. “The first wave of offers came around March and then they picked up again here lately in the past week or so,” Sneed said. “It’s been constant social media chat and calls to my coaches first. I’m very excited to be in contact with some of these big schools.”
When asked what he knows about the Tennessee football program, Sneed was quick with his response. “The Orange and White, man. It’s iconic in the SEC and college football,” Sneed told Volquest. “I grew up watching a lot of Alabama football, so I saw Tennessee a lot on T.V. “Jeremy Pruitt also comes to mind when I think of Tennessee football – obviously being the head coach. I like how he runs his defense and is always hyped on the sidelines. He really cares for his players from what I see.” Sneed plans to make his commitment known at the beginning of his senior campaign.
-VQ

Hilton Head (SC) Island Top247 linebacker Jaylen Sneed will see a couple colleges this weekend wrapped around the Under Armour Camp Series stop in Alpharetta, Ga.

On the way down to the Peach State, the four-star prospect will stop by Tennessee on Saturday. After Sunday’s camp he’ll head up to South Bend to see Notre Dame.
-Wiltfong

He said the Vols made a good impression on him, and he’s now interested in making the trip again after the ongoing dead period for recruiting.

“It was great — very big campus,” said Sneed, who’s ranked the No. 79 overall prospect and No. 5 outside linebacker in the 2022 class and the No. 2 junior from South Carolina, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “I got to look around the athletic stuff, outside of it.

“I expected everything I saw, but seeing the indoor (facility) from the outside was definitely amazing. I can’t wait to get in it and see it from the inside.”

“I’ve been talking to Coach Banks, Coach BJ, Coach Ekeler a little bit, and I talked to Coach Heup the other weekend,” Sneed said. “They tell me how they just need an expert pass rusher to get them over the hump.”

“Playing in the SEC and the new coaching staff are definitely appealing to me,” he said. “Just a good opportunity, and (I like) what I’ve gotten to know about them so far.”
callahan

VN Store

Back