‘23 SC LB Jalen Rambert

Maxwell865

Welcome to the Nico Show

Jalen Rambert on Hudl

He's been busy this month making several visits and camps with stops at nearby Clemson, Wake Forest UAB, Vanderbilt, MTSU, Old Dominion, Virginia Tech and Penn State. His stop in Knoxville was his first visit to Tennessee. Rambert admitted the opportunity to work out for linebackers coach Brian Jean-Mary at the camp and earn an offer from the Vols “was something I was going for,” but acknowledged it would be more beneficial to be full-strength for his junior season rather than cause further damage.

“I’ve had to sit and watch two (camps), I think, now just trying to rest it so I can be back for the season, because that’s really what’s most important,” he told GoVols247. “It’s definitely sucked, just being out here watching. I’m trying to learn as much as I can, just being able to hear all the coaches and get everything, but definitely being able to watch other guys compete and sit there is kind of (tough).”

Rambert, whose other offers are UAB, Old Dominion, MTSU and Florida A&M, was joined by Powdersville teammate Thomas Williams at Tennessee's camp last week. The 5-foot-11, 175-pound Williams first worked out with the running backs before Tennessee's coaches gave him a look at defensive back with defensive coordinator Tim Banks giving him some personal attention during drills. Williams previously had an offer from Old Dominion and added a Penn State offer on Sunday.
-Brown

VN Store

Back