'21 SC DT Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins (uga commit)

Fulmer was made to be an AD. He was a good football coach but basically a one trick pony. He was too loyal to underperforming staff members and undisciplined players. When the game began to change... he didn't.

But having taken a few steps away for a few years... he's gained perspective IMO. He recognized what Pruitt could be... though Pruitt isn't a whole lot like Fulmer in a lot of critical ways.
What critical ways? Like kissing up to boosters and such? I could definitely see that

Same here! My friends and I have always been aggressive jokesters. It may not translate as well over text. Basically, the meaner and nastier, the better. The first one to cry is the first one to get made fun of next time.
Ours would always turn in to pranks and then someone would take it too far every time 🤣 At least now we all live elsewhere, so it only gets to text joking.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
I agree! I was literally sick when I heard CPF had hired someone from AL that played at AL and was coaching at AL. Then I listened to his speech. I thought we have a football coach that intends to win!
I like Chaney a lot but Cutcliffe, a Bama guy, is the best UT OC of my lifetime.

I am a hard sell... having a hard time resisting the urge to buy into Pruitt. I like the guy... but more importantly respect what he's doing with the program and his candor.

What critical ways? Like kissing up to boosters and such? I could definitely see that
Pruitt has already culled staff members. Not personal... if it doesn't work he doesn't spend a lot of time hoping it will change. Fulmer was loyal to coaches even when they hurt the team and/or recruiting. Sanders should have been gone by 2002. Offensive performance fell off significantly after he took over for Cut.

Pruitt is direct. Fulmer wasn't except occasionally when defensive.

Pruitt seems to be strong and consistent with discipline. He gives guys a chance but seems to cut it off at the right time. In reality though, he doesn't have a ton of issues to deal with... which indicates he has control of the program. Fulmer was near the complete opposite. I believe it was Coker that kept getting "chances" to pass drug tests when he already had 2 or 3 positives past the expulsion limit. Fulmer didn't maintain discipline.

Made his top 13 not kidding

giphy.gif

So is this young man still feeling UT, or is he shifting elsewhere? I saw where UNC at least believes they're in the race.

Pruitt has already culled staff members. Not personal... if it doesn't work he doesn't spend a lot of time hoping it will change. Fulmer was loyal to coaches even when they hurt the team and/or recruiting. Sanders should have been gone by 2002. Offensive performance fell off significantly after he took over for Cut.

Pruitt seems to be strong and consistent with discipline. He gives guys a chance but seems to cut it off at the right time. In reality though, he doesn't have a ton of issues to deal with... which indicates he has control of the program. Fulmer was near the complete opposite. I believe it was Coker that kept getting "chances" to pass drug tests when he already had 2 or 3 positives past the expulsion limit. Fulmer didn't maintain discipline.
Yeah but that trick play against Florida was nice

There is only one cutcliffe but that 2001 Tennessee team was one of the best offensive teams that we have ever had.

There is only one cutcliffe but that 2001 Tennessee team was one of the best offensive teams that we have ever had.
From 93 to 98 and then 06 and 07, Cutcliffe's UT O's scored: 484, 363, 431, 437,428, 431, 362, and 455 points. The 12th game wasn't added until 2001 when that team scored exactly 400 points. That was the only season Sanders' only 400 point season.

That O had weapons but a very inferior OC.

VN Store

Back