'21 SC DT Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins (uga commit)

Just want to say HB is the best QB on the roster.

I dont doubt it. Question is he good enough to be head and shoulders above the rest that it's worth all the freshman mistakes plus not being able to run full play book. Can he as freshman read defenses. I want him be starter toward end of year or as sophomore. Really hoping one of the others really make strides. Qb got hurt last year forget his name right now looked solid at times not shrout. If he has grown he will give Jarrett a heck of a battle

I'd rather just roll with HB and let him take his lumps. O line should give him tons of time and EG is going to run wild. Just put JG out of his misery.
No... as a coach you have to clear your mind.... let them fight it out in practice.... if HB wins the spot then roll with him. If it is is JG then then roll with him.

I do to but besides Palmer he will have alot of new receivers on the field. That usually is not a recipe for a smooth running offense even with good qb play.

Brother!..aside from you and others cutting him slack each year..this kid cuts his own slack and makes excuses for himself.he has done it each year leading up to the season.JG just isn’t a winnner he doesn’t possess that winner’s mentality and comments like these should never come from your starter.he just isn’t a leader.We will be fine this year if our QB situation holds up and we find someone who’s hungry to succeed.the WR core this year is young but TALENTED!,we also have some experience on the roster with raw unknown talent.just throw them the ball down field!!

Reactions: UTDB#1 and McMannis
Practice isn’t always the best determination of the best player on Saturday’s. Some guys are just gamers, and it’s really common at the QB position.

Dobbs was always below average in practice but he absolutely carried the team for 2 and a half seasons. Meanwhile, JG typically looks like 7 on 7 Jesus, but when the lights come on he can’t always deliver.

Now I didn’t watch Bailey as much as others but to my knowledge he shined in pretty much every situation back in high school. Practice or gameplay. What I do know is he played his best ball when everyone is watching, whether that was a big HS game or a big camp with a lot on the line. But they haven’t really practiced yet outside of a few spring practices so how could you really know? Just about any report you see on “how good or bad” certain newcomers are is likely blown out of proportion.

I dont want to slam the kid but facts are facts. Just looking at last year alone competent qb play won both ga state and byu handily. This have 9nwin season easily!!!! That's a fact. I truly hope kid figures it out this year and shreds defenses

Exactly!...but everyone wants to blame the defense🥴 on those games!...even with bad defense as long as you are scoring you give yourself a fighting chance to win...but you have no chance with bad defense and horrible offense.JG just never generates anything on offense it’s just stagnant.

Yes, the coaches just do not like to start a freshman, especially one that didn't get to have spring practice, in the SEC. If you're going to do that you prefer one that is a dual threat.

Fulmer didn’t either...he was hell bent on it,unless you were just Al Wilson or something lol

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Multiple examples of Fulmer playing freshmen. Easily top of mind is Clausen, Witten, Cosey Coleman, Michael Munoz, Erik Ainge and Brent Schaeffer. I don’t include Peyton because he really had no choice after Jerry Colquitt was lost.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Multiple examples of Fulmer playing freshmen. Easily top of mind is Clausen, Witten, Cosey Coleman, Michael Munoz, Erik Ainge and Brent Schaeffer. I don’t include Peyton because he really had no choice after Jerry Colquitt was lost.

Like I said unless you were a “Al Wilson” impact type of player...as a freshman under fulmer you did not see the field and all the players you mentioned,what is the year gap between those players and how many years did Fulmer coach?..that will be you answer.

Like I said unless you were a “Al Wilson” impact type of player...as a freshman under fulmer you did not see the field and all the players you mentioned,what is the year gap between those players and how many years did Fulmer coach?..that will be you answer.
If he was playing freshmen towards the middle and later portion of his tenure (which included the NC) wouldn’t it stand that he learned that was the better route? Me too.

PF didn’t play Clausen until midway thru the season, and after an open date - then he unleashed him on Arkansas. But in fairness wasn‘t he nursing a bum throwing arm the first part of the season?

PF didn’t play Clausen until midway thru the season, and after an open date - then he unleashed him on Arkansas. But in fairness wasn‘t he nursing a bum throwing arm the first part of the season?
Won the job in fall camp and then developed “tired arm”...which he never fully recovered from. And his first start was Bama...which he won in clutch fashion. Beginning of the Iceman moniker.

Practice isn’t always the best determination of the best player on Saturday’s. Some guys are just gamers, and it’s really common at the QB position.

Dobbs was always below average in practice but he absolutely carried the team for 2 and a half seasons. Meanwhile, JG typically looks like 7 on 7 Jesus, but when the lights come on he can’t always deliver.

I don't disagree with your larger point as far as some guys peaking in practice while other take it up a couple of notches but where on earth did you get this idea? Dobbs was tearing it up on the scout team before stepping out and doing the same to Bama.

Clausen played in the 3rd game that season against ULM then his first game starting was against Bama (20-10. Win)

Would you expect a coach to play a true freshman who wasn't an impact player unless it was out of sheer necessity?

Maybe drop Witten and add Berry and Stallworth. Witten started out on special teams and finished his freshmen year with 2 catches.

VN Store

Back