'21 SC DT Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins (uga commit)

When South Carolina pass rusher Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins announced his top-six on May 11, the plan was to commit the following week. That quickly changed when the three-star discovered he needed more time to decide between Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, Penn State, Florida State and home state South Carolina. “I wanted to make sure that I was sure,” Ingram-Dawkins told Volquest. “I’m still thinking about it and going through the process.”

When asked a follow-up, the defensive lineman said he doesn’t know when a commitment will be made. Still, the Vols are in good standing as the Palmetto State native thinks highly of Jeremy Pruitt’s program. “They came in early and noticed my talents. They were my fifth offer and second in the SEC,” Ingram-Dawkins said of Tennessee. “I like the coaching staff – I have a great relationship with all of them. I visited there and it looked good. “I like Tennessee a lot.”

Defensive line coach Jimmy Brumbaugh is heading up the recruitment. “He has great character and ever since he got the job, we have clicked,” Ingram-Dawkins said of Brumbaugh. “We both have a lot in common and he is a caring dude. That is what I most value.” Along with Brumbaugh, the Tennessee target has a strong relationship with Pruitt and believes he could help elevate his game.

“Coach Pruitt and I are really tight,” Ingram-Dawkins said. “He’s a pretty laid back guy who knows a lot about the game. He’s coached a lot of great players. No doubt I could be a good player at Tennessee.”

“I’m looking to play early in college. I know I have the talent to play a lot my freshman season,” Ingram-Dawkins said. Aside from football, the Palmetto State native knows academics come first and seeks development in his personal life – just like on the football field.

“I’m looking for a great place to get work done. I’ve got to put school first because you are a student before athlete,” Ingram-Dawkins said. “I’ve got a lot of great relationships with some schools but I’m trying to find a place I can call home and for a staff that can help develop me into a man. “I’m trying to find a place where I could love and play at.”

Tennessee is making national headlines in recruiting and sit only behind Ohio State in the Rivals 2021 Team Rankings. The Vols are currently tops in the SEC and leading the nation with 23 known commits. The interior defensive lineman acknowledges the movement in a positive manner but said it won’t affect his final decision.

“I wouldn’t say it does anything for me because I’m not going on what other people are doing,” Ingram-Dawkins said. “I’m going to make a good decision for me. It is good that the program is coming back and bringing in some good payers. “It says they are doing something right.” Ingram-Dawkins and the rest of his teammates will report to Gaffney High on Monday for the first team-organized workout since COVID-19. During the down time, the three-star has been training on the treadmill and at a local gym that reopened a few weeks ago.

-VQ

This kid could come in as true freshman on DL filled with JRs and RS Freshman in 2021 and give us 20 snaps a game as his body gets stronger.

We are an ideal situation. Personally he's a top 100 player imo. He's so lean at 300 lbs. When he really gets into the weight room watch out!

Reactions: Palm Beach Vol

VN Store

Back