'21 SC DT Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins (uga commit)

If a top guy wants to commit, you don’t tell him no
So you think no top players want to commit to Bama this early? Is that why they are doing so poorly at this time? Recruiting and commitments are just a game but the real deal is signing day. Hopefully our commits will not be looking around in the fall. Too many times in the past kids have committed to us to get noticed and then recruited by Bama, UGA, or Florida. This would be great if we get them to stick with their original commitment.

Reactions: vettefool
If a top guy wants to commit, you don’t tell him no
I also agree with you don't turn away top talent. Coaches just need to do everything to hold on to them once they commit. Because, we all know everyone in the country is talking about us. They all are going to be taking shoots at us every chance they get with our commits!

VFL...GBO

So you think no top players want to commit to Bama this early? Is that why they are doing so poorly at this time? Recruiting and commitments are just a game but the real deal is signing day. Hopefully our commits will not be looking around in the fall. Too many times in the past kids have committed to us to get noticed and then recruited by Bama, UGA, or Florida. This would be great if we get them to stick with their original commitment.
not our fault if bama or uga or fl isn't asking for their committment earlier v later? and if they say yes, you take the committment.

you don't tell the kid 'no' because you're afraid someone may poach them later...............unless you're this guy....
tenor.gif

in which case, you'd probably not even ask to begin with, much less be in a positon to say no.

Yeah you’re right - we def should’ve told Cody Brown, Kamar Wilcoxson, Terrence Lewis, Dylan Brooks, Kaidon Salter, Aaron Willis, Katron Evans and others that no they can’t commit bc it’s too early in the process.

I’d be much more comfortable if they were all committed to other schools right now......

Of course commits are gonna look around, man. It’s part of the process - nothing official until LOI is signed. Can’t be so scared of it.

Edit: And if you don’t think Bama, UGA, and UF (why is UF even mentioned here when talking about recruiting??) would not take commitments from their targets right now then I don’t know what to tell you besides you’re wrong. Example: Smael Mondon committing in June. Any team he picks will happily take that commit. ANY. TEAM.

This isn't a shot at you, but I've never understood this logic.

Guy won't commit 7 months before early NSD in the middle of a pandemic when you can't take visits? What a diva.

Give them a second. Or a month or two. Idk.
I wasn’t trying to take a shot at the kid. I was just trying to imply that he may “like” being recruited more than other kids.

Every kid is different. Some like the attention. Some hate it. Some have to have it.

I wasn’t trying to take a shot at the kid. I was just trying to imply that he may “like” being recruited more than other kids.

Every kid is different. Some like the attention. Some hate it. Some have to have it.
i think it's pretty clear this one.....well, let's just say he's not opposed to being wanted......lol.

Reactions: barrylee
It’s a damn joke is what it is.
Shows that recruiting is all about who wants the player and if you find them and they get locked in early they will be perpetually underrated. Gives me some hope about the talent gap between us and UGA/AL moving forward given Pruitt's track record (although he has definitely had to take some developmental and tweener prospects)

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Jumped all the way to the #86 overall player in the 247 update
It’s cuz Pruitt can evaluate. His staff can evaluate. And he has the resources to be on these kids extremely early and until they sign. He was one of my favorite DL and I’m happy to see that I was right about how good he could be. But the Tennessee staff knew that two years ago.

If Pruitt’s on your couch, it’s already over.

The core will stay together. They’re talking daily and are recruiting for Tennessee.

VN Store

Back