'20 SC ATH Antonio Barber

Don’t see him ended up in the class

Was going to post something similar. I think the staff is backing off their recruitment of him. Edit: like you, basing that off his tweets.

And tbh.... I think Tee gonna reel in bigger fish at receiver anyways.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Recently offered by UNC charlotte and has been showing them a lot of love on twitter lately. They just hired a new coach and have been reaching for some higher rated players (vs what they usually snag) lately. Could eventually be one of the better conference USA teams soon.

Recently offered by UNC charlotte and has been showing them a lot of love on twitter lately. They just hired a new coach and have been reaching for some higher rated players (vs what they usually snag) lately. Could eventually be one of the better conference USA teams soon.
I would have to believe if he went there, then we are on bigger fish.

I think he’s annoyed that maybe the staff has stopped recruiting him. I don’t know that they have, but he tweeted the other day (been deleted I think) something to the effect of “oh so I guess once you commit to a school the conversations stop”

Then he replied to a tweet the other day about going where you’re appreciated or something to that effect.

Then this facepalm thing. I know Fair has gone to his school and met with him in the past.

Basically it’s like passive aggressive social media antics.

He looks like a good player and I’m not trying to talk bad about him. In the end he still is only 16 or 17 do I could see being upset if the staff gave you the cold shoulder.

Agreed they have the populace and location to start recruiting heavy.

Kid needs to refocus. Go out for the track and field team and bust his tail working on speed.

He's a pure football player. He and Keshawn Lawrence both are needed on OFFENSE in 2020. I'm not sold on Lawrence being a DB.
And this kid Barber is a very good football player. Great hands and catch radius. Good size. He needs to work on his explosion.

Just get the best players and win.

If we’ve stopped recruiting him then the kid will either take it on the chin and be better for it or let it ruin him and fade into irrelevancy. His choice.

Barber has publicly stated his communication with UT has died down. The Vols are clearly exploring all options at WR. Until he gets back on campus, Barber's standing in the class remains tenuous.
— Simonton

Reactions: kmkemp11

VN Store

Back