Saylor Poffenbarger to UCONN

You contradict yourself. EVERY top player has long established relationships now. It's no different for *the* top player or *a* top player. Kellie has been at the helm over six months now, and still has the upcoming year to sell herself and the program on and off the court and develop those relationships with prospects and parents. That's recruiting, and if she has another subpar class a year from now that's absolutely on her.

But the next High School All American Harper lands will be her first. So no, I don't have my hopes up...

It...is very different, imo. Pulling a top 50 vs top 25 vs top 5, are all very different things as far as recruiting energy put in by college programs and depth of relationships built. You started this off by saying that Harper needs to "go get Fudd," with the implication that if she didn't then it would reflect poorly on her as a recruiter. It's a great goal, but not I'd be willing to tsk tsk Kellie over should Fudd (likely) decide to go to the schools she's had hovering around her for years.

Reactions: NeedOrange
Saylor Poffenbarger, 6-2 guard, Middletown, Maryland

Could give less than 2 rats axxes about a UConn player. More Lady Vols and prospective Lady Vols and zero about young women that don't want to be part of it on The Hill.

Luck is a relative concept. How many wins would Geno have now if he'd been handed a head coaching position at the age of 22 at an already winning program?
How many wins would Geno have if he hadn’t been in weak conferences all these years? They went something like 118-0 in the American, similar results in the BEast prior and will be similar going forward. In six years in the American they never once lost a game.
Yes he is a great coach, and he recruits at the top, but damn they get close to 20 auto wins every year from conference. 118-0 is just dumb, not in the right conference, and yeah, I know Uconn has done this to themselves and have no other choices in front of them, but talk about a padded record.
What puzzles me is the fans eat up all those 30-50 point blowouts, like it’s just part of the plan, and that’s the way it should be. Dear lord.
But that’s how they have to look at things because they don’t have any other options, they are forever destined to these crap conferences and will never get a P5 invite because of how badly they managed their FB program. They lay in the bed they made.

Last edited:
How many wins would Geno have if he hadn’t been in weak conferences all these years? They went something like 118-0 in the American, similar results in the BEast prior and will be similar going forward. In six years in the American they never once lost a game.
Yes he is a great coach, and he recruits at the top, but damn they get close to 20 auto wins every year from conference. 118-0 is just dumb, not in the right conference, and yeah, I know Uconn has done this to themselves and have no other choices in front of them, but talk about a padded record.
What puzzles me is the fans eat up all those 30-50 point blowouts, like it’s just part of the plan, and that’s the way it should be. Dear lord.
But that’s how they have to look at things because they don’t have any other options, they are forever destined to these crap conferences and will never get a P5 invite because of how badly they managed their FB program. They lay in the bed they made.
Well you're just full of piss and vinegar about all sorts of things aren't you.

You do realize that even with their "crap" conference (in your beautifully chosen language) they've still managed to play an OVERALL strength of schedule that has been consistently near the top of the nation year in and year out. Just take a minute to contemplate what that means for your argument. That means that even with their "crap" conference schedule, they've still managed to out-schedule the vast majority of the so-called "power" conference teams. Shocking, I know, since UConn hasn't had the luxury of super-tough conference games year in and year out against the likes of Auburn and Florida and Ole Miss and Alabama and Boston College and Virginia and Clemson and Pitt.

Now back to your question "How many wins would Geno have if he hadn’t been in weak conferences all these years?" Well we already know the answer, because until 2013 he was in a conference that put as many as 9 teams into the NCAA tournament in a single year. Do yourself a favor and go back and count how many wins he racked up through 2013 and how many undefeated seasons he accomplished despite being in a "good" conference.

It's not relevant to the topic, but the fact that UConn got left out of the 2011 realignment scramble has nothing to do with football per se and everything to do with politics at the administrative level. But Geno is not the football coach nor is he an administrator, and so either way it detracts not one bit from his achievements.

Last edited:

You can only tell part of a story can't you. From 2007 to 2012 the Big East was the toughest conference in the nation during those years UConn went 218 and 13. Averaging 36 wins a year and set a record 99 wins in a row while playing a top rated OOC schedule every year.
Your excuse for all the UConn wins doesn't hold water.

Be honest for a moment. How many tough games is SCAR going to have in the SEC this year?

Have you tried therapy? I think you'd be a lot happier if you could get UConn out of your head.

Reactions: Argonaut
In the non-LV thread, Amb (and maybe someone else) included Maryland, Oregon, Oklahoma, and Mizzou.

She's from Maryland, although from a completely different environment than College Park. Could it be a case of homesickness? If not, we should have just as much chance as the others.

Oh really? Then please tell me exactly what was Margaret Hutson's record as head coach at Tennessee? How many wins and how many losses?

While you're at it, someone should contact the Tennessee athletic department to let them know that their website contains grave factual errors.

Former WBB Coach Hutson Dies - University of Tennessee Athletics
Troll, you reduce the game to a simple fact of wins and losses. If you’re going to compare teams, then you’re going to need an evaluation of a long list of variables. I don’t have time to explain it to you.

She's from Maryland, although from a completely different environment than College Park. Could it be a case of homesickness? If not, we should have just as much chance as the others.

Ur rite. Home sick is why she may be leaving rite....U kn the answer...What's the key reason most players transfer? Lack of playing time...that's atleast 70% reasons.

Reactions: mcannon1
Middletown's Saylor Poffenbarger transferring from UConn

Mama Poff telling what the rest of the country already knew ! LOL STorrs is boring asf and academics dont seem to be the priority at UCONN supposedly . Of course you know those dog fans are ripping her a new one now that this article came out. Overall she didnt say anything bad or not true so oh well. Recruits will see this as well so that may be why their all up in a frenzy .

VN Store

Back