Saylor Poffenbarger to UCONN

Reaching Pat’s winning record should be a snap for Geno, because he has not lost a game in one of the weakest conferences in America. The only two schools that treat women’s basketball as a priority is, UCONN and South Florida and Geno is at least 50 points better than South Florida. Occasionally, a team will give UCONN a good game but it usually comes to an immediate halt. If UCONN played in a tougher power five conference, it would be a harder feat to reach and go past Pat’s record. However, it is not Geno’s faulty that he plays in a cupcake league, it is basically their football team, because no power five conference wants them in their league.
You overstate the impact of conference affiliation on the pace at which Geno will overtake 1,098. Just how many games do you think UConn would've lost over the past 6 seasons if the old Big East had remained intact? Not many, I dare say.

Reactions: Dube
Auriemma averaged 36 wins/year in the last 6 years in the Big East. He has averaged 37 wins a year during the 6 years that UConn played in the AAC. That's just 6 wins. He will certainly pass her record next year (if not sooner) and so will Vanderveer.

Reactions: Dube and 1reVOLver
What matters is who first hit the record.. Record can be broken,but the first person who broke it will never change.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
What matters is who first hit the record.. Record can be broken,but the first person who broke it will never change.

That's partly true. Summitt holds the record for most wins. Auriemma will most likely be the 1st person to break that record. Think of it like Ruth and Aaron. Ruth held a record and Aaron broke it.

Quality over quantity.

The can's only as pretty as what's inside. (Do the contents leave a bad taste in your mouth?)

The indelible class and integrity that Pat brought to and left upon the game is unreachable. Auriemma will never supersede or replicate Pat's exclusive gift to the game.

Pat holds so-called "charter membership" in the women's game and is unattainable by Auriemma. Pat toiled and crafted (pre-notoriety and pre-exposure--70's and 80's) what Auriemma joined in the 90's during the evolving fanfare to the game.

No matter how many "thumbprints" Auriemma leaves on the game, they won't conceal Pat's. Hers will always be firmly and securely etched. First.

Last edited:
Fudd & DeBerry in 2021. 2020 might not be done, even though Cardoso is out.

Is Deberry a lock? I wouldn’t be surprised if Azzi went to UConn but trust me she goes to MD games also. She seems like the type to go where she wants to go not where she is “supposed” to go. Also she is smart and wouldn’t be surprised if she ended up at Stanford

Is Deberry a lock? I wouldn’t be surprised if Azzi went to UConn but trust me she goes to MD games also. She seems like the type to go where she wants to go not where she is “supposed” to go. Also she is smart and wouldn’t be surprised if she ended up at Stanford

DeBerry will be at UConn. On Fudd, I'll it this way Fudd's been to UConn many many times on her own dime and it's a trip unlike MD, which is around the corner. She has on her phone a season goal last year, which is attributed to Shea Ralph, Her parents are coaches and they know Geno will max her potential. Azzi and her family were at Storrs last weekend hanging with Geno. and Dailey. Geno/CD have developed a relationship with Azzi over many years. like they did with Bueckers. That's how they landed her by her own account. It also doesn't hurt that Bueckers and Fudd are best buddies constantly traveling to see each other and Bueckers is going to UConn.

2021 Class--Fudd, Deberry, Poffenbarger

Last edited:
DeBerry's will be at UConn. On Fudd, I'll it this way Fudd's been to UConn many many times on her own dime and it's a trip unlike MD, which is around the corner. She has on her phone a season goal last year, which is attributed to Shea Ralph, Her parents are coaches and they know Geno will max her potential. Azzi and her family were at Storrs last weekend hanging with Geno. and Dailey. Geno/CD have developed a relationship with Azzi over many years. like they did with Bueckers. That's how they landed her by her own account. It also doesn't hurt that Bueckers and Fudd are best buddies constantly traveling to see each other and Bueckers is going to UConn.

2021 Class--Fudd, Deberry, Poffenbarger

I like it! If the rivalry reignites I am looking forward to both side having great players! Also Fudd (who is an awesome player) going there and them having those other guards might push Rivers to TN who I think is 1A in the rankings and her defensive prowess is tops!

I like it! If the rivalry reignites I am looking forward to both side having great players! Also Fudd (who is an awesome player) going there and them having those other guards might push Rivers to TN who I think is 1A in the rankings and her defensive prowess is tops!

Uh no. Rivers is great, but Fudd is a generational talent. Her going to UConn would be very very bad for the the rest of wcbb...

Uh no. Rivers is great, but Fudd is a generational talent. Her going to UConn would be very very bad for the the rest of wcbb...

I’ll take my chances with Rivers if this is where she decides to go😉 not knocking Fudd at all she is a beast but something tells me that the person that gets Rivers is gonna have a game changer as well. She and Olivia Miles would be really close to getting Fudd and Bueckers ... Any team that gets any of those ladies is gonna be all the better for it.

I’ll take my chances with Rivers if this is where she decides to go😉 not knocking Fudd at all she is a beast but something tells me that the person that gets Rivers is gonna have a game changer as well. She and Olivia Miles would be really close to getting Fudd and Bueckers ... Any team that gets any of those ladies is gonna be all the better for it.

I disagree. Fudd is a player that will tip the balance. This is one of those Candace Parker/Breanna Stewart type classes where there's a significant gap between the top player and everyone else. But instead of arguing about it, how about Harper prove herself as a recruiter and go get Fudd? Can Tennessee not even get in the conversation?

I disagree. Fudd is a player that will tip the balance. This is one of those Candace Parker/Breanna Stewart type classes where there's a significant gap between the top player and everyone else. But instead of arguing about it, how about Harper prove herself as a recruiter and go get Fudd? Can Tennessee not even get in the conversation?

What kind of crack pipe are you smoking, bro? So now if Kellie doesn't pull a generational talent to a currently middling team, I'm guessing you're gonna say she's useless?

What kind of crack pipe are you smoking, bro? So now if Kellie doesn't pull a generational talent to a currently middling team, I'm guessing you're gonna say she's useless?

She has a season to prove this isn't a middling team anymore. If it's more of the same crappy basketball, she will have a tough time convincing ANY top 2021 player to come...

Reactions: Dube and mcannon1
She has a season to prove this isn't a middling team anymore. If it's more of the same crappy basketball, she will have a tough time convincing ANY top 2021 player to come...
Walk me through the reality of this: Fudd, who Geno and Tara and likely Brenda have been building relationships with for several years, would suddenly be interested in a currently-middling school with whom she has no relationship? I totally get the idea that Kellie's got to prove herself, but this particular goal strikes me as unrealistic. I could see us getting *a* top player for 2021, not *the* top player. Now come 2022 and 2023, that's on her, imo. She should at that point have had enough time to build relationships with 9th and 10th graders, and we'll really be able to judge her recruiting capability.

Walk me through the reality of this: Fudd, who Geno and Tara and likely Brenda have been building relationships with for several years, would suddenly be interested in a currently-middling school with whom she has no relationship?

I could see us getting *a* top player for 2021, not *the* top player.

You contradict yourself. EVERY top player has long established relationships now. It's no different for *the* top player or *a* top player. Kellie has been at the helm over six months now, and still has the upcoming year to sell herself and the program on and off the court and develop those relationships with prospects and parents. That's recruiting, and if she has another subpar class a year from now that's absolutely on her.

But the next High School All American Harper lands will be her first. So no, I don't have my hopes up...

VN Store

Back