Saw this on a GA message board.. Yeesh… is our O-line really this bad?

UT’s OL:

Ranked 126 of 130 in sack rate
Ranked 117 of 130 in standard down sack rate
Ranked 128 of 130 in passing down sack rate

It’s not like we don’t have talent on the line. Wright/Carvin/Mays/Mays are all 4* and 5* guys.

I knew it felt like we give up a lot of sacks, but I didn’t know it was near the worst in the country.

not a single one of those players has played up to his high school ranking since getting to college. I wouldn't use that as a reference until they play like that.

You think UGA "trolls" don't already know that? The entire country knows this stuff.

Then why add to it? The uga trolls in here eat this stuff up. I don't give them jack. If they win it all, I still have no respect for them. Trash program, perhaps about to get lucky that Bama and Clemson are having a down year, as is OSU. They may luck into a NC, but take away this twist of fate and Herschel Walker, and they are a middle tier SEC program. Nothing more.

Then why add to it? The uga trolls in here eat this stuff up. I don't give them jack. If they win it all, I still have no respect for them. Trash program, perhaps about to get lucky that Bama and Clemson are having a down year, as is OSU. They may luck into a NC, but take away this twist of fate and Herschel Walker, and they are a middle tier SEC program. Nothing more.
I imagine they enjoy your insane level of butthurt more than anything.

Reactions: so_co and Nooga
Aw. I must have offended someone’s widdle sensitivities. I’m sure the field hockey board would be more hospitable for you???

Lmao.
You flatter yourself, you just seem dumb. I am sure you are a fine ambassador out there on the left coast.

Our Oline isn’t great. Seem to be a little physically weak. And Hooker does not have very good pocket presence. Those two things combined equal lots of sacks.

You are absolutely right. Our o-line is trash. They are going to get tossed around like a ragdoll by Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter. I hope the offense is working on hot routes this week. We're going to need them.

Reactions: cgrish
It’s going to be tough on Tennessee upfront, both lines are going to get manhandled, this is the best Georgia team in decades…….. I hope they lose every game!
Go Vols

Did you check yourself for fleas before coming back in?

That's rich coming form someone whose mascot has the word "tick" in its breed name! :D

We certainly have our own share of "special" fans, as does every team, but I assure you that most of us are aware of the threat the Vols are this weekend in their home stadium. We can only hope our Dawgs show up and give 100% for 4 quarters.

Last edited:
One thing that gives me a glimmer of hope is that for some reason UGA just didn't look that great running the ball last week against Missouri. They ran it pretty good (168) . . . but Mizzou gave up 250+ to us, ATM and Vandy??

One thing that gives me a glimmer of hope is that for some reason UGA just didn't look that great running the ball last week against Missouri. They ran it pretty good (168) . . . but Mizzou gave up 250+ to us, ATM and Vandy??
That’s because they stacked the box and made UGA pass the ball to win. Teams still think UGA can’t pass for some reason.

That’s because they stacked the box and made UGA pass the ball to win. Teams still think UGA can’t pass for some reason.
That may have happened at certain points, but I watched most of the 1st half and it didn't look to me like they really weret loading the box all that much. UGA really started slow. I agree, though, about their passing game. Stetson Bennett is a pretty good QB. He doesn't have a big arm and he's not overly fast, but he knows the offense and where to go with the football.

Our QB is trying to extend plays so he can hit the big one or sprint out of the pocket and run. This leads to sacks but also to the aforementioned.

Good at run blocking though.
18th in rush yards
31st in yards per carry

I think part of the issue with sacks is QB runs that don't go well. That mitigates it a bit, but doesn't totally explain it. Maybe another thing is the TE almost always being on a pass route. IMO Heupels offense is aggressive and sacrificed pass protection for moving the ball downfield.

That isn't to excuse it. It needs to be better.

FTR, UCF was 63rd in sacks allowed last year, out of 127.
Makes it that much more impressive that the team is playing well with a offensive line that ranks that low.

Reactions: BanditVol
That may have happened at certain points, but I watched most of the 1st half and it didn't look to me like they really weret loading the box all that much. UGA really started slow. I agree, though, about their passing game. Stetson Bennett is a pretty good QB. He doesn't have a big arm and he's not overly fast, but he knows the offense and where to go with the football.
Agree UGA was very sluggish last week and that Stetson doesn't have a big arm, but he runs a 4.5. He doesn't look that fast until you notice the players he runs away from.

It’s not a useful stat in and of itself to just look at sacks allowed. Like in example if you look at teams that run less plays their sack numbers will be much lower. Kentucky sacked Hooker several times and yet it never seemed like their defense was ever in command of that game. But yeah if your offense is running several more plays per game than others you’re going to see higher sack numbers.

Our O-line is a bit soft so if you can load up on them and take away the 1st pass option, you will have a chance to make Stet taka a sack or throw a sloppy pass for a pick.

Our O-line is a bit soft so if you can load up on them and take away the 1st pass option, you will have a chance to make Stet taka a sack or throw a sloppy pass for a pick.

Why is there so much hype surrounding JT Daniels. Stepson Bennett is a much better option at QB IMO.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
Why is there so much hype surrounding JT Daniels. Stepson Bennett is a much better option at QB IMO.
Every fanbase including UGA's and ours have stargazers, fans who simply cannot get past people's high school rating and will continue to judge players based on them long after they have become irrelevant due to 3-4 years of coaching and development or lack thereof.

I can't say. I guess people don't like change. Personally, It seems silly to me for all the UGA fans to be so down on him as he is undefeated as a starter for the (now) #1 Team in the country, which should be enough to calm the noise. I understand and sometimes comment on his limitations, too, but that is more a function of wanting to see my home team be perfect rather than an indictment on him. I suppose this is what is means to have an embarrassment of riches and still not be satisfied. Lots of schools would be glad to have Stet on their side.

The main thing he has done that JT has not is to stay healthy. Kind of important for a player you build an offense around.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX

VN Store

Back