Saw this on a GA message board.. Yeesh… is our O-line really this bad?

This O-Line is historically bad. The coaching staff deserves all the praise they can stand for the success of this team.

CJH has shown a proficiency at game planning, so I am gonna give him the benefit that he will have a good plan drawn up to help with the pressure. That doesn't mean HH won't get pressured, hit and sacked. Hopefully it doesn't happen at critical moments, but there is a good chance that's exactly what happens.

It really will be the ultimate test for UT's O line. I have enough confidence to know that the Vols will score their share of points. The question is can the Vols make the breaks go their way? Can UT capitalize on any mistakes, i.e., turnovers? How about another pick 6?

I am hopeful that this will be a decent game. I don't realistically expect the Vols to win, but there is always a chance.

Give 'em Hell Vols!

Georgia's D is very fast. Good luck with that strategy...
Well! If you throw it to the sideline, then you are going to have to quickly draw that safety off of that person that is running the route to get him open to throw the ball to.

It's bad but it will take a couple of years to get what they want.

UT’s OL:

Ranked 126 of 130 in sack rate
Ranked 117 of 130 in standard down sack rate
Ranked 128 of 130 in passing down sack rate

It’s not like we don’t have talent on the line. Wright/Carvin/Mays/Mays are all 4* and 5* guys.

I knew it felt like we give up a lot of sacks, but I didn’t know it was near the worst in the country.
Darnell Wright stinks, either False start or getting burnt play after play

UT’s OL:

It’s not like we don’t have talent on the line. Wright/Carvin/Mays/Mays are all 4* and 5* guys.

I knew it felt like we give up a lot of sacks, but I didn’t know it was near the worst in the country.
And yet we are scoring at will on everyone! Our guys haven’t scored this much since Layla was here!

UT’s OL:

I don’t know the exact numbers, but I swear it feels like half our sacks have been because the center snapped the ball like crap.

And that, my fellow Vols, is how we are discussed on those trash boards. While we have folks in here falling over themselves to praise uga, they do nothing but dump on any opposing team and echo praise back and forth between themselves.
Well, there is some truth in what they are saying. The stats listed, if true, back that up. Even tho we are in an abyss, I think we are gradually climbing out of it. Hopefully, CJH is the reason we return to the days we can play with the likes of Bama, Florida, Ga, Ohio State and the other premiere teams in the country.

Our O line is taking a statistical hit to execute the scheme CJH runs. We have receivers running all over the place some with very delayed, late openings. That’s what’s getting us so many splash plays. HH could bail earlier, stop his clock 0.25 or 0.5 seconds earlier and how many big gains or TD would not have been successful?
How big a game did Paschal from UK have?
I hope that UGA looks at those statistics and are licking their chops, sure they will get some sacks but I suspect CJH will have his successes because our offense is based on somebody on D making a mistake, or a bad matchup and HH taking advantage

UT’s OL:

Imagine how good Hooker would be with a good OL lol

Seems like more often than not it’s our rb’s missing blocking assignments than our OL

Our Oline isn’t great. Seem to be a little physically weak. And Hooker does not have very good pocket presence. Those two things combined equal lots of sacks.

And we’re not deep so the injuries really hurt…we have three guys who transferred out who are either starting or in the two deep at other power 5 schools…plus we lost one to the NFL. Hard to lose 4 veteran OL and not have it kill your depth.

Well, we haven't had 3/5 starters a large part of the year, and aren't exactly deep.

Against Ga, it’ll almost be like nobody is blocking. That’s how bad it’ll be. He’ll have to get rid of the ball almost instantly

Maybe HH should just line up in punt formation and chuck it as soon as it arrives.

I was disappointed in the OL THIS PAST WEEK (I'll give other weeks of patchwork a pass). This group was supposed to be the strength and with everyone back and rested I expected a little more in consistency.

Wright, Carvin, and Spraggins are rated poorly on PFF, as is Fant.

This. Plus injuries have forced us to start a lot of back ups. Spraggins isn't an SEC caliber OL a this time. He's struggled nearly every game, including the Tech game. Carvin is decent, but he's had to spend too much time at center this year where he's absolutely awful. Wright hasn't lived up to his 5 star talent. The Mays brothers however have been pretty good when they're actually healthy enough to be on the field.

UK was the first time we've been nearly completely healthy on the OL since Pitt I believe. We still gave up 5 sacks. I think missing Evans is part of that too since he's the best passing blocking RB on the roster.

Reactions: 37620VOL
Aww....guess bothsiderism runs deep with ya, huh??
Nope. I've been to Bama, Florida, LSU, and other boards. Much more like VN, definitely a homer board, but objective and tolerant of other teams (bandwagon Bammers aside, I'm talking old timers).
uga boards are single focused and will ban an opposing fan if they say a single negative word about the 'dawgs' (whatever the hell that is)
I disagree, in my experience Alabama fans are the worst followed closely by UGA/UF. LSU is the worst as an opposing fan going to the game. We barely got out of their alive in 2005.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warriorvol
Hooker has been sacked 27 times this year. While not a perfect comparison Stetson Bennet has been sacked 3 times.

Tennessee needs to bring the house (blitz) on every other down. Why not, what have we got to lose................This is how LSU played Alabama !!!! At least our defense will not play then entire game !!!! If that doesn't work just blitz every down and make Georgia beat it .

VN Store

Back