Savion Frazier, new commitment

therickbol

He is an athlete who is a bit of an enigma at this point. He is not a "fall back" type player because we offered him very early in the process and recruited him hard. Fulmer and Slade have both visited him personally. His "combine" type numbers are very impressive, but his rankings on rivals and scout are low. So, I am not sure what the deal is here. 6'1, 210 lbs...4.4 forty, bench press over 300 lbs, squats over 500 lbs, and dead lifts 540 lbs. I don't know what his football skills are but he is a monster athelte. He plays RB and LB. My guess is he ends up at OLB at UTK.

Oh yeah, also a great student. 3.0 GPA while taking advanced classes. Already qualified.

Since stars are such a huge issue for some on here what is the official count since the two disagree?

Average Rivals and Scout and he's a 3-star. This class has a lot of potential. That's what I see in 3-star players... potential, but maybe not enough opportunity yet.

great numbers, sounds very strong, another guy though that only time will tell, but I suppose that true of all recruits

Does anyone know how often rivals releases their rankings? how will the recent commits affect that?

I meant low according to rivals. I am glad scout has him higher. I do not know why there is such a difference other than to say rivals has not seen as much video of him or seen him at a combine. Like I said earlier, great athlete and smart kid with good grades. No matter how many stars he has great potential.

Scout has him listed as a 4* yet he is the 37th best RB on there. Sounds like they are a little generous with their stars.

per scout:

Frazier played quarterback most of last season for Gar-Field, but he did move to running back for the last four games of the season. During those four games Frazier recorded 650 yards rushing on 90 carries with 11 touchdowns. Those numbers were good enough to earn Frazier 2nd team All-District.

i guess the kid can do it all but this switch in the season would give a good hint as to why he has been rated lower than most.

VN Store

Back